No service in buildings

magenta4971299

I was wondering if anyone else in the Hampton Roads area is having the same issues.  If I am in a store or in church I have no reception but as soon as I step outside, service is great.  We came to T-Mobile from Verizon and we had reception everywhere. I have a Galaxy S7, my wife has a S6 edge, and my boys have Galaxy J3 Eclipse's.  This has been my biggest problem with T-Mobile.  Any help or suggestions is appreciated!

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: No service in buildings

The S7 G935 A, T, P & R should all have band 12 (700 MHz), which should help with in-building service.

All the US S6 edge models, except the G925A had band 12.

I can't find specs for the J3 Eclipse, right away. It appears to be a Verizon phone and lacks band 12.

So, depending on exactly what models of these devices you have, they may or may not be compatible with T-Mobile's low-band signals.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta4971299! Just wanted to check in here -- I think drnewcomb2's got a good point about Band 12's assist in-building coverage -- I can definitely appreciate that if you're lacking Band 12 on those devices, you might have a different experience once you set foot inside. Do you happen to know anyone with T-Mobile using a T-Mobile branded phone? Just curious if you could put your SIM into their device and test it out -- that might help confirm that this is really the issue!

• tmo_marissa

Howdy! Stopping by once more just to see if you'd been able to test the SIM in a branded device to help confirm that Band 12 support is the trouble here. I hope things are going OK -- and also that you've survived what I'd imagine was a zany traffic weekend in your area!