Question about the tethering restrictions in 2GB plan when using LINKZONE™ 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot

hdv9tzdue

I have a LINKZONE™ 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot (basically it's a modem). Right now I have the 10GB plan, but I find I'm using less than 2GB per month.  I'd like to switch to the 2GB plan, but under the description of the plan, I found this:

2GB Plan:

• The price you see is the price you pay. Taxes and fees included.
      • High-speed data in the U.S. - plus Canada and Mexico at no extra charge.
      • Up to 2 GB of monthly high-speed mobile internet access. Speeds slowed to up to 2G speeds after 2 GB.
      • No annual service contract. No overages
      • Video typically streams on smartphone/tablet at DVD quality (480p)
      • Unlimited international web at up to 128kbps while roaming in 140+ countries and destinations.
      • Tethering at max 3G speeds. On all T-Mobile plans, during congestion, the small fraction of customers using >50GB/mo. may notice reduced speeds until next bill cycle due to data prioritization.
      • Plans do not include data stash, music freedom or binge on.

Does the Tethering language apply to the mobile access point?  Meaning, would my access point always be limited to 3G speeds since it's just a modem (and therefore, must be tethered to another device).

My current plan has similar terms (see blue) however, it omits the 3G language:

10GB Plan (my current plan):

• The price you see is the price you pay. Taxes and fees included.
      • High-speed data in the U.S. - plus use up to 5GB of your high-speed data in Canada and Mexico at no extra charge.
      • Up to 10 GB of monthly high-speed mobile internet access. Speeds slowed after 10 GB.
      • No annual service contract. No overages
      • Video typically streams on smartphone/tablet at DVD quality (480p) unless you add an HD Day Pass or Plus.
      • Unlimited international web while roaming in 140+ countries and destinations.
      • On all T-Mobile plans, during congestion, the small fraction of customers using >50GB/mo. may notice reduced speeds until next bill cycle due to data prioritization.

All replies