T-mobile payment ninja

sergeyfarrar

I'd like to give a shout out to the T-Mobile payment ninja!

Story time:

Finally got the prepaid card for the BOGO offer (after a huge headache), decided to pay off one of the phones on the account.

So I go on the website, select other payment, input the prepaid card number, click next, it takes me to the next page....then thought something was off and hit cancel.

Within two seconds I get a notification on my phone from my credit card app that the payment has been processed on it for the amount of the phone.

Outstanding!

So I call customer service to be told that I can't actually use the prepaid card to pay for the phone, it's "for something else". Thanks Cpt. BS!

Of course, what does a huge company do when there is a problem? Push it off on someone else...

So customer service tells me to dispute it with my card provider.

So thanks T-Mobile, I really appreciate the unauthorized charge to my card.

p.s. I see that the whole thread where I posted an answer on how to file a complaint (with a certain third party company) got wiped.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: T-mobile payment ninja

Oh man. Sorry to hear this happened to you. When you hit "cancel" did you get some kind of page confirmation that the transaction wasn't complete?

• tmo_marissa

Hey, sergeyfarrar! This is a bummer to read. I'm sure that you were super surprised when this happened, and not in a good way! Was there a dispute process you were able to follow? I can totally appreciate that this felt like a buck pass; and I'm really sorry about that. It sounds like we could have done a much better job of 1. apologizing for the system error that took your payment when you tried to reverse out; and 2. explaining that our payment refund process can take a considerable amount of time, and so for some transactions a dispute is the quickest option for resolution.
          EIP payment refunds, specifically, are approved and processed in about two - three business days, and from there the deposit timeline varies depending on the financial institution -- so that can take between one and three business days. Sometimes stop payment options are just faster. Even so, we should have been fully transparent about this so you weren't left feeling this way.
          If a stop payment wasn't the best option for you, and you're still looking for a refund, we have a special process for EIP Payment refunds. While we're not able to access individual accounts and make changes from this public user forum, our T-Force folks can definitely help with this. They're social media support teams on Twitter and Facebook, and in those channels we do have a secure platform for account verification. Just reach out to them and have them reference internal DOC-431496 and we should be able to get the ball rolling for you.

• sergeyfarrar

I'm not a really big fan of customer service apologizing for problems. Much better service, for me, is doing something about my issue instead of blowing apologies out of proportions. I didn’t seek any resolution though the bank because I already know it’s a long process that most likely requires extra fees to be paid. T-Mob would never recover them for me. I actually ended up calling in and paying or the remaining phone with the card...which took a good while to OK for some reason, but at least it worked. So I guess I’m not going to be using JUMP anymore when new iPhone comes out, which isn’t truly a big deal.

• tmo_marissa

Fair enough! Thanks for coming back to let us know. I hear you on the apologies -- TBH, from your description, we missed an opportunity to show empathy and to provide clear options for action. I wish I could redo the experience for you! I hope that the next one is better.