Apple Watch Series 3 Activation and Plans

guruuno

Spent over 2 hours and 6 reps with all different answers, nobody knows, or each person has a different answer.

REAL SIMPLE:

I have a T-Mobile ONE™ Unlimited 55+ plan at $60/mo., 2 lines ('grandfathered' I'd assume when we got it at that price, as it's now $70)

I want to get a new Apple Series 3 watch with cellular.

BEFORE I commit to anything, I want to be able to view all terms, conditions, availability, yes/no, is/is not, etc. specific to the plan I have.

I'm told I need "digits", however the Digits page says: ()DIGITS plans.

I think not (see bottom of this discussion)

A previous discussion HERE states:

You pay $60 all taxes included you could only have 2 voice lines you can't have more than that or you with the lose the 55 plan you need to get digits for you apple watch to receive calls and text messages that is not considered a a voice line it cost only $10.

So, DO I LOSE my 55+ plan?

Yes/no/?

If so, then I have to pay more for a different plan just to add a watch?  How much, where is it spelled out?

If not, then WHERE ON THE T-MOBILE SITE IS IT SPECIFICALLY STAED ALL OF THE FACTS (not the 'Digits' blurb, but how it relates to add to a 55+ plan)?

THEN, negating the 'DIGITS' stuff, the T-mobile site states: Apple Watch Series 3 Support

How to activate cellular service on Apple Watch Series 3

Good news - your iPhone and Apple Watch Series 3 will share the same phone number. So you won’t have to get or remember another phone number.

Apple Watch Series 3 has an eSIM (embedded SIM) in it so there’s no need to get a SIM card or transfer the SIM from another device.

When you pair your Apple Watch to your iPhone, you will be prompted to set up cellular service and guided through a few simple steps.

To set up a new line of service directly from your iPhone, you’ll need to be on a consumer account and will need to verify the credential of the account owner.

If you don’t see a plan during set up, contact us and we can help you find one that works for you.

If you choose not to set up cellular service during the initial Apple Watch set up process, you can always go back later to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select Cellular under My Watch to sign up.

AND

Requirements

• Apple Watch Series 3
    • iPhone 6 or later running iOS 11 or later
    • A T-Mobile ONE plan??????
    • You own the account or have rights to add new lines to the account
    • Customers on Business or Special account types will need to contact a T-Mobile Account representative to activate your new rate plan

Again, ALL INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO ACCOUNTS AND PLANS SHOULD BE MADE AVAILABLE FOR CONSUMERS TO MAKE AN EDUCATED AND INFORMED DECISION which it is not.

The last thing I need to do is get sucked in and have to fight to get the answers.

Remember when they had security guards at phone carrier stores 20 years ago?  There was a reason.  Because consumers got the short end of the stick and irate.

Judge Judy always says, "DID YOU ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS FIRST BEFORE YOU MADE THE PURCHASE"?

The, I get some ignorant apologizing 'agent' who tells me to go to a T-Mobile store to get the specific information I am requesting.

I do not want verbal words, I need a terms, agreements, contract language information that specifically states what is, is not allowed, not allowed, can be, cannot be, et.

TOO MANY LIES and uninformed reps.  Need more coaching and education, as well as the site to be updated with more precise info.  WORDS OUT OF A MOUTH MEAN NOTHING, just create conflict when there is a problem later to validate what was stated, offered, available, etc.

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Apple Watch Series 3 Activation and Plans

Hey there!

I'll do my best to help so lets see what we can do! First and foremost, how do you plan to use your Apple Watch? Do you want to use it to make phone calls? Do you want it to have its own phone number? Are you just wanting to use it synced with your device to receive messages/use apps?

Once I get a better grasp on how you plan to use your Apple watch, I can look into whether or not you need DIGITS and what that means for your plan.

Thanks!

-Lauren

• guruuno

I plan to use it as intended, without the need for any additional phone number but tied to the existing iPhone over 55+ plan I have.

Please excuse my ignorance, are you eluding to the fact that there are different types of plans available for an Apple Series 3 watch w/cellular, and if so, where/how are they distinguished on the T-Mobile website to assist a potential as well as any existing customer with the required information to assist in making a proper choice?

• guruuno

I plan to use it as intended, without the need for any additional phone number but tied to the existing iPhone over 55+ plan I have.

Please excuse my ignorance, are you eluding to the fact that there are different types of plans available for an Apple Series 3 watch w/cellular, and if so, where/how are they distinguished on the T-Mobile website to assist a potential as well as any existing customer with the required information to assist in making a proper choice?

• guruuno

Would it be possible for 'tmo_lauren' to answer this post in a timely fashion and to also point to specific verbiage that indicates the information being requested and required, within an acceptable time frame?

I've never in my entire life had to wait over a week to get drips of replies, and then to have them not be of any valuable content.

Get to the point, answer the question, point to the "corporate rules", if any exist.

I've spent countless hours on the phone with 6-7 different persons, nobody has the same answer or any answer at all.

Also, do be aware that the terms and agreements state that a consumer cannot sue T-Mobile for anything, it all has to go through arbitration, so these answers here are needed to validate the ability to win a potential case in the event that the lies, ignorance and inability of the company selling the service gets caught behind the 8 ball.

Sad sad day when we are reduced to "chatting" and forum communications to get real world answers to make long term decisions.

Remember my original reference back to over 20 years ago....when most all "Cellular" companies had guards?  There was a reason why.  Here is proof.  Lies, no proper legal answers, just words from the mouths of company representatives, and no specific pin pointed reply to an incredible amount of questions.

Why, because they can.  However, most people just live with the end result, they do not fight, they give up, after being on the phone for hours upon hours upon hours, and if they do go to a T-Mobile store and don't get the answers, they are considered a problem client because the patience wears thing.

You get my point, seems like there is no winning.

• tmo_lauren

Hey guruuno We are primarily a peer to peer user forum, not a real time employee powered care channel! Sorry for any confusion.

There is not one way to use the watch as intended. One primary use includes using the phone purely as an accessory on bluetooth with your phone, and not as a separate cellular device for using away from your phone. This does mean you are unable to use your Apple Watch as a cellular device when not paired with your phone, but so long as you are paired with your phone via bluetooth you can.

If you are planning to use the device primarily as a bluetooth synced device and not as a separate cellular device, no additional plan is needed. Only pairing your device with bluetooth. In fact, because Apple realizes there is not one way to use the device, there are even non cellular Apple Watches. I know you have specifically mentioned you are looking at getting the device with cellular, however many users don't always understand that calls can still be answered without the cellular feature, or understand if it's truly needed which is why I asked how you intended to use the device.

If you want to go for a run without your phone but still be able to take calls from the watch miles away, it's an entirely different conversation than if you plan to use the watch and device. That is another way the watch can be used as intended.

You can have an entirely different phone number with your Apple Watch, that is another way the device can be used as intended, and is a third conversation and direction to go.

Apple Watch Series 3 Support this link here while not in detail does instruct how to setup the device without cellular, which honestly is the most common use case scenario and requires no changes to your rate plan whatsoever. Another option is to use DIGITS, and that's where we start getting into using the same phone number away from phone, or with an entirely separate number. You can find more info on DIGITS plans linked here along with a list of commonly asked questions - Wearable Technology | Apple Watch, Samsung Gear & More | T-Mobile

-Lauren

• guruuno

My question still goes unanswered.  Peer to peer or whatever.

I shall clarify it once more, again, as it seems that you are not clearly understanding my inquiry.

I have a 55+ account for myself and wife, $60 month.

I want to add the CELLULAR capabilities to THAT PLAN.

WHERE does it explain on T-Mobile's site the costs associated with THAT PLAN to ADD A WATCH WITH CELLULAR?

Understood now?

NEED DETAILED EXPLANATION and LINKS to the T-Mobile verbiage/commitment/costs associated with a CELLULAR WATCH PLAN ADDED TO A 55+ account.

• guruuno

Returned the watch, cancelling this unreal no documentation plan.

• magenta5609377

Oh! Sad that you returned the watch. I have the exact same question and was following your thread hoping to get an answer. The sale on the watch is over tonight and I, like you, want to know if purchasing the watch will cause changes to my plan, which is your same plan. I only wish your original question had been answered.