Visual Voicemail and Missed Calls Not Working Consistently

t-byrd

Hello,

I have had the Visual Voicemail app on my phone for about 2 years and for the past several months the app has stopped working and I have had to uninstall/reinstall, but it will only work for a short time before it stops working again.  I have been hoping for  a T-Mobile update that will fix this problem, but as it has not happened, I am writing here. 

In addition, I no longer receive missed call notifications (unless it's a telemarketer) consistently on my phone. 

For me, the most important feature for a cell phone and cell phone provider is to have a working voice/call service.  All the other features and perks are secondary.   As a result, if this doesn't get resolved soon, I'm going to have to switch carriers and I have been with T-Mobile for many many years.

• My question(s)  is:  Is anyone else also experiencing these issues?  If so, have you found a remedy?

P.s.  Android user! :-)

Thanks in advance.

All replies

• empathy

I'm having a similar issue. I mention it a bit here. Anyone elses LTE as bad as mine?  It's been going on for months as far as I know but it's only intermittent so I'm struggling to pin down the cause.

I'll pick up my phone and realize I have a voicemail.  No missed call notification and no incoming call ring or vibration.  I've had a friend tell me he calls me all the time and I never pickup.  And my job tried to call me a week or two ago and I didn't answer and it cost me money.  Without the few voicemails that people actually leave I wouldn't know about the issue as some calls do come through just fine. I can't recreate the issue on my own by calling my device with other phones.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there.

That's a super bummer that you're having this much trouble, but I'm sure this can be fixed. What kind of phone do you have? Are you getting any error messages coming from your VVM? I'd also like to know if folks are still able to leave you voicemail messages even if the app isn't working. Usually no signal is the root cause for calls being missed without you getting a notification. Do you have pretty solid signal or does it fluctuate?

• tmo_mike_c

Hi again. Just checking in to see if you've seen any improvement with VVM? Please give us a reply and let us know.

• t-byrd

Hi Mike!

I had to wait until I was aware of a missed call and the subsequent lack of

notification and that happened this morning.  While I was on my cell phone

another call came in and I have no record of the second call; I did not

receive a missed call notification or voicemail from the other call (they

may not have left a voicemail).

Also, I am at home on my wifi, but turned off the wifi calling because it

doesn't work well.

Thank you for checking.  Please let me know if there is any other

information I can provide to help resolve this.

Teresa Byrd

• tmo_mike_c

Have you downloaded any 3rd party apps on the phone and notice the VVM app not working? Also, are you saying that VVM works better while connceted to Wi-Fi or is it about the same. I"m also curious if this is something had trouble with on other phones or just this on. I'm thinking we may need to reset the device if it's only problematic on the one phone.

• tmo_marissa

Hi there! Just wanted to see if you'd had a chance to take a peek at the questions Mike asked above. We'd love to snag some more details from you when you have a moment! Thanks.

• t-byrd

Hi Mike,

My VVM is now allowing me to sync it, manually, and I receive messages that

way.  It is not syncing automatically, though it used to.

I'm only aware of messages I receive and not what I don't know about unless

someone tells me later that I did not respond.  So far, I have not heard

from anyone--lately

I prefer not to use third party aps.

I've spoken with other individuals about the VVM and they, too, have

experienced what I am talking about. Their solution has been to uninstall

and reinstall VVM, but it is only a temporary solution that has to be

repeated.

The wifi is not the issue.  I brought up wifi for the wifi calling feature

which I don't care for and have turned off.

The other phone linked to my account doesn't know if she doesn't receive

calls. She has not heard from her friends that she has not called them back

if they called her.

My daughter has T-Mobile through her own account and resides in California

and she, too, experiences this with T-Mobile.  She has a Samsung.

Hope this is something T-Mobile can fix, perhaps an email survey to

customers about problems with VVM, service, call notifications?

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Teresa Byrd

• tmo_marissa

Hey, Teresa!

Thanks for getting back to us! We appreciate the details. Just to confirm, it seems like the bottom line here is that you're having two separate issues -- you're not receiving missed call notifications, and your Visual Voicemail isn't syncing, right?

The initial line of troubleshooting here for the VVM issue would be what you're already doing -- uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Since that does resolve it for a bit, we know the VVM feature is still provisioned on the account side -- so that's one thing that's good! That said, since it only works for a short period of time, and you're having trouble with notifications also, the recommendation at this point would be to do a cache clear and test for improvement. If you're still having trouble with that, the next step would be resetting your device.

What kind of phone are you using? I know you mentioned it's an Android -- if you don't mind letting us know the make and model we can pull up the steps for you!

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there!

Just checking in to see if this was resolved. If you still need help, can you try giving your device a reset. As Marissa said, we can find the steps if you let us know what phone you're using.

• tmo_marissa

Good morning! Just wanted to stop back in here once more and see how things are going for you. If you haven't had a chance to complete a cache wipe and Master Reset yet, we're happy to snag the links to the steps for you if you don't mind letting us know what kind of phone you have!

• vvmdrivingmecrazy!

What third party app did you download? Has it continued to work?

• magenta5434016

Same problem.  I have a Samsung Galaxy 7.  I read through the thread and will try uninstalling, but I don't know how to clear cache on a phone; only on a PC.

• magenta5325185

Same problem on P20 Pro. Called Tmobile technical support and they could not fix the problem. It's embarrassing that they can't figure out their own app problem.Makes them look... amateur. Bet you if this app was collecting your money, they'd already have it fixed across any device.