1 2 3 Previous Next

LG V30 Oreo broke bluetooth audio

magenta3200699

After updating to Oreo via the OTA release, bluetooth audio now skips/stutters constantly.  Before the update it never skipped at all.  Anyone else experiencing this yet?  Hardware/Software info:  LG V30 LG-H932 Rev.1.0 from T-mobile.  Android v 8.0.0, 4.4.78 kernel, h93320h software.   The only bluetooth audio device that I use it with (so the only I've tested with so far) is my vehicles Pioneer AVH-X2600BT head unit.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

1. Re: LG V30 Oreo broke bluetooth audio

Oh man. I haven't seen anything about Oreo causing this. Are you able to test another Bluetooth device like a headset to see if the same thing happens? You could try to wipe cache and reboot the phone to see if that helps.

• magenta4918022

2. Re: LG V30 Oreo broke bluetooth audio

I had the same problem and unpairing then clearing cache and data for Bluetooth, then restarting the phone and pairing again fixed the problem

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_mike_c

3. Re: LG V30 Oreo broke bluetooth audio

That's awesome magenta4918022 !

Thanks for hopping in and helping out.

• tmo_mike_c

4. Re: LG V30 Oreo broke bluetooth audio

Hi magenta3200699.

Have you tried the suggestion above? Please give that a shot and let us know if that helps. Thank you.

• duckattach

5. Re: LG V30 Oreo broke bluetooth audio

Has anyone tried that yet?  I'm in the same boat.  Bluetooth was fine before Oreo and now it's extremely choppy.

I don't really want to have to jump through hoops if it's not going to work.

• tmo_marissa

6. Re: LG V30 Oreo broke bluetooth audio

Hey, all! Just wanted to see if anyone else had tested out the troubleshooting steps that magenta4918022 shared!

• magenta4965814

7. Re: LG V30 Oreo broke bluetooth audio

I can confirm that I had the same problem and unpairing all devices in Bluetooth settings, then clearing cache and data in Bluetooth and restarting phone and re-pairing devices fixed it. To clear Bluetooth data and cache, go to general tab of settings, then app and notifications, then app info. Then click 3 menu dots at top right, and "show system". This will show system apps. Scroll down to Bluetooth. There's 2 of them. After clicking on either one, click storage. Then clear cache and delete data. I did this for both Bluetooth items shown in the list. Restart phone, reconnect Bluetooth devices and you should be good to go.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                    • magenta4981552

8. Re: LG V30 Oreo broke bluetooth audio

I too am having problems with the Oreo update for the V30 communicating with my car's infotainment system (A2DP) and I have already reset the phone post-update.

The skipping is about on-par with 7.x, but what is new is that my steering wheel controls no longer advance or reverse track numbers. On previous phones, I could expect the track to change followed by an audible beep. No longer the case (either).

• tmo_mike_c

9. Re: LG V30 Oreo broke bluetooth audio

Oh, what a shame this is giving you fits. When you did the reset, did you test out the Bluetooth before downloading any of your personal info and apps back? Have you tested your V30 with another Bluetooth device to see if it works?

• cabomix

10. Re: LG V30 Oreo broke bluetooth audio

Here is my report on the same issue and what I've done about it.

For a preamble I'd like to say that the LG V30 has been the best phone I ever had hands down bar-none. Before the update I operated Hyundai premium media head, 2 Automatic adapters for my cars, 6 different headsets, 2 Speakers, bt hotspot, 4 trackr devices, all Bluetooth of different quality and versions and advanced codecs like HD APTX A2DP. Non had problems at all with skipping. Since the Oreo update on my LG-H932 Hardware Version 1.0 Software Version H93220h all my audio devices are skipping constantly.

Before trying magenta4965814 solution the skipping was incessant every 5-15 seconds. After following all the steps I have longer periods where there is no skipping but they are still there. I cleared all devices listed under Bluetooth before I reset both bluetooth apps cache's and data.Turned off then on. Reset my headsets before repairing them (plugging your bt headset to charge and pressing the power for 5 seconds). Is there a way to roll back to Nugget until a fix is ready? I use my bluetooth audio for everything I really need a fix.

• marklotr88

11. Re: LG V30 Oreo broke bluetooth audio

Bluetooth issues for me as well, same skipping that other have reported. Removing all devices and clearing cache and data did seem to help but it i not a full fix. I still have some skipping but not enough that it really bothers me but it should be pointed out that on Nugget I had zero Bluetooth issues. I notice the V30 Oreo update was stopped and the device is listed again under in development for the Oreo update. Hopefully when the update rolls out again it fixes all these Bluetooth issues.

• magenta4965814

12. Re: LG V30 Oreo broke bluetooth audio

Sorry to hear that the solution doesn't work. It worked for me but then I also slowly had the skipping return. Unfortunately. I think the problem could be with updating over the top of Nougat. I also tried a factory reset and restored an LG backup and still the Bluetooth issues were there. I think restoring the Nougat backup on top of the Oreo system screws things up. Also had data issues after this restore. Data would just stop working even though it showed a full 4G signal. Would happen several times per day in all places. Anyways, I finally factory reset without restoring a backup. This took about 5 hours though to download all my apps individually and set everything up the way that I like it and change settings in every single app, etc. But now I have no data drops. And my Bluetooth audio is perfect. Tested for several hours yesterday. Hopefully the fix persists. I'll be driving around today for a few hours and will test it there also. If going the factory reset route, just make sure you check every single app for info that you need to backup. For example, I have a note taking app but it has a backup feature. Often the backup file is on internal storage which gets erased in the factory reset. So move backup files to SD card or computer. Also photos, videos, everything in the file system that you don't want erased forever. Text messages I backed up with SMS backup and restore app. WhatsApp can backup to Google drive. MCbackup for contacts. You would also lose any progress in games, etc. It's a big decision but it was worth a try for me as not having Bluetooth audio is kind of impossible. I'll update here if my issues return after further testing.

• zerokool2k

13. Re: LG V30 Oreo broke bluetooth audio

I am also having major WiFi connectivity issues along with crazy bad Bluetooth  issues, I am tired of clearing the cache, and resetting my network settings over and over again. I really hope they come through with a fix like ASAP. I also notice that this update has made some of my other apps go bonkers as well. Now every time I skip a song in Tidal I hear the sound I chose for my main notification, and it's annoying!!!

• pongalong

14. Re: LG V30 Oreo broke bluetooth audio

Looking forward to hearing your results. I did a factory reset, but I restored by data. If you report back positive then I'll bite the bullet and follow suit!

1 2 3 Previous Next