Cant get phone service at home

magenta4872000

Have been talking with support for problems making or receiving phone calls at home.  Internet works OK.  I am using a booster to increase signal strength and normally we get two to three bars.  So far we have had T-Mobile change the sim cards.  We have spent a lot of time on the phone with support.  They promised to escalate the problem and confirm this with a e-mail and have it solved within 24 hours.  We have not heard anything from T-Mobile including e-mail or problem solving.  We are using unlocked ATT phones (Galaxy S6).  Neither of our two phones work.

All replies

• empathy

Re: Cant get phone service at home

when you have issues receiving calls, are they going directly to voicemail? Are you getting missed call notifications?

• magenta4872000

All calls to directly to voicemail.  Call Forwarding is turned off

• tmo_marissa

Yowch -- all calls routing directly to voicemail makes it tough to communicate! Do you mind letting us know where you're currently located (ZIP or a landmark) so we can take a look at the map from here? If you have the ticket number you were provided, we're happy to check for any status updates on that as well!

• magenta4872000

I am located at zip code 49464.  The  ticket number is 19724557.  Hope this helps

• tmo_marissa

Thank you!
                  I took a look at the ticket and it looks like it was closed out with the following comments:

We found at least one serving site that had some unforeseen site equipment alarms, which temporarily impaired Voice/Data services in this area at the time of the problem. All alarms were cleared and have not come back as of this writing. Now that the alarms have been cleared, please complete a powercycle of the handset to trigger a fresh registration into the Network. If the problem still persists, please resubmit the ticket if necessary.

How are things going for you at this point? Have you noticed any recent improvement?

• magenta4872000

still  cannot make ot receive calls at home

• tmo_marissa

Well, shucks! If you've completed the refresh (powering off and back on) and still aren't getting a good network connection, then perhaps the site issues our engineering team noted weren't the culprit here; or they may be recurring. Please Contact Us and provide that ticket number again so that we can re-open the issue!

• magenta4872000

Here is the Ticket number again.  19724557.   We have been fighting this problem since late April.  Doesn't anyone at T-mobile have the ability to actually troubleshoot this?

• tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta4872000! A full month of connection trouble is super frustrating. I'm so sorry for not clarifying -- while we can check results or progress, we're not able to re-open a ticket from this user forum, as that requires account access. I apologize; in retrospect I can appreciate that without explaining that it probably seems silly to ask you to reach out.

RE: Troubleshooting -- in the original post, you described extensive troubleshooting that you've already completed, and after all of those efforts, the next step is to get this in front of engineering. I understand that you have already done this once, and clearly the alarms that we thought were causing the trouble aren't the root cause since your issue isn't resolved! At this point, the ticket will need to be re-opened or filed again, and a team with account access (Care, Tech, or T-Force through social media where we do have a secure platform to verify your account details) are the folks who can get this done.