Branched to a new discussion.

Visual Voicemail Issue?

jmackles

I'm trying to activate Visual Voicemail on my device.  I use the prepaid plan, and went into the settings on the My Tmobile section, and then Voicemail to Text, and clicked "subscribe".  It just takes me back to the summary screen. 

What can I do to enable Visual voicemail?  No instructions seem to help.

All replies

• jmackles

Re: Visual Voicemail Issue?

Anyone? Hello?  The foreign lady I spoke with before told me I had to get an App for that.  None of your documentation supports this for iPhone.

Can I get some sort of assistance?

• tmo_marissa

Hey, jmackles, and welcome! Sorry for the delay in reply to your post. Our Support Community is a public user forum, so while our hope is that another Community member will see your question and chime in with the answer in a timely fashion, the forum doesn't always have the same interaction speed as contacting one of our internal teams directly.
          Were you able to make any headway on this over the weekend? If you're still looking, can I clarify whether you're trying to enable Visual Voicemail or Voicemail to Text? You can find the link to Apple's steps to enable Visual Voicemail here: Visual Voicemail (VVM). Voicemail to Text is a separate feature available to add to postpaid accounts. How are you currently receiving your messages? We don't want you to miss hearing from anyone!

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there!

Marissa posted a really good link. Have you given that a shot to see if you could set up your Visual Voicemail? Please let us know. Thanks.

• jmackles

I may have my wires crossed here.  One of my business phones allows me to tap on the message in voicemail and see a transcription of the message.  I want to enable that.  I have access to the voicemail on the iPhone, I want to be able to read the messages when I tap on them though.

• tmo_mike_c

Are you using an Android phone with the line you are getting the transcripts for? We'd need to make sure the iPhone device has the voicemail to text feature as well in order to get the transcript of your voicemails.

• jmackles

It's an iPhone 5.

• jmackles

So I can't use Voicemail to Text then because I'm using the prepaid service? :/  That's so lame...it's cheap and does everything I need.