Why do the No Credit Check plans not allow Autopay?

robknob

I received the following text prior to my first bill: "Your T-Mobile bill is being processed. Payment is due 3 days after bill receipt. See how to read your bill: t-mobile.com/payment/scnc"

So a couple things... that link redirects to the tmobile.com homepage, so I have no idea what info is supposed to be available there. Second, I spoke with a rep (and saw through my online account) that if I did not pay my bill within 3 days, my service would be suspended. However, all the Autopay links online do not work and the reps told me that my plan is not eligible for Autopay.

How is it that T-Mobile will not allow No Credit Check customers to use auto-pay and will suspend service if a bill isn't paid within 3 days of being issued? That is a tight window, especially without an autopay option. I can't see why any vendor wouldn't provide autopay options.

FWIW, I am on a No Credit Check plan because I prefer the price and not paying for services I don't need. I have 800+ credit score and buy phones with cash. I'd just much prefer to pay $80/month for what I need than $130/month.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Hey, robknob!

You're totally right! I honestly hadn't stopped to think about the need for AutoPay on our No Credit Check plans. As for why the option isn't available, I don't know. I wish I had a solid answer for you but I don't. I will, however, pass that idea along because I'm sure there are others on a NCC plan that would appreciate the option. Also, as far as that site redirecting, I'm going to take a closer look into that and see if I can get more info on where the link is supposed to lead. Thanks for pointing that out, by the way!