Replacment device got lost in the mail.

trantt08

I lost my device and file a claim with the insurance.  They sent out a replacement device but with the wrong address.  Now i have to wait for them to do an investigation it could take up to 14 days which mean Im going to be without a phone for almost a month.  My question is Why cant they sent out another replacement when they already know its there fault.  and I strongly suggest that they include signature require on all there replacement device that they send out.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Replacment device got lost in the mail.

Hey, trantt08!

Gosh, that's not a fun situation considering you've probably already been waiting a few days without a phone. We greatly appreciate your feedback; we'll pass it along to Assurant as they're the company who handles the insurance claims. Have you checked with them to see if there are any alternative options to get a replacement phone in your hands faster?

• tmo_mike_c

Oh man that's awful, but we want you to get another device for sure. Have you reached out to the insurance company for some additional help with this?

• trantt08

Update.

After spent 3hrs on the phone with Assurance they still denied its there fault. And denird me of another replacement device and told me if i want to appeal the decision i have to write a letter to coperate and explain my situation.  Bit thanks to a Rep from tmobile name Crystal she listen to my situation and we both got intouch with Assurance but they still denied my claimed still said its my fault when they clearly sent it to the wrong address. So she talked to her manager and 15 min later her manager email me and send me a brand new device. Onece again thanks Crystal for going out of your way to help a customer like me

• trantt08

P.S.  Cancel all my insurance with Assurance. Im assure i dont have to deal with this again. I rather take a risk then dealing with them

• tmo_mike_c

I'm really glad Crystal was able to get you taken care of. That's rough it took all this, but I'm happy you're getting another phone. This totally isn't the norm when filing a claim and it's good to keep the phone insured to extend the warranty if you need a future replacement. However, if you're still looking to remove that feature, you'll need to Contact Us and have our Care folks get into your account and remove it. Thank you for coming back and keeping us updated on this.