I cannot stream video after switching to the T-Mobile One Military plan

magenta4860401

I have read similar threads with T-Mobile customers having the same issue after changing their plan. I do not see any results pertaining to a fix for this issue.  When I attempt to stream over 4G LTE, I am unable to see streaming video on apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu.  However, I am able to stream via WiFi. I have two phones on my account (Android & Apple). Both phones are having the same issue.  I called the tech support line and they said to get a new SIM or have Apple take a look at it.  I tried both with no success.  It looks to be an issue with switching to a new plan rather than an issue with the phones themselves.  Please let me know how to resolve the issue.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Yikes! This definitely isn't the experience we want for customers switching to T-Mobile ONE Military -- or any customer, for that matter!

I tried hunting through our current system issues and didn't see anything recent that matches up with this. We did, however, have a known issue last fall where customers switching from rate plans that had Data Stash features to ones that didn't were having this problem -- but it was resolved with a nightly fix; and then ultimately solved and archived.

Which data features did you add to your lines? The standard data feature has optimized streaming -- 480p, or DVD quality. T-Mobile ONE Plus adds unlimited HD streaming, among other things, but that does have to be turned on. Either way, it should be working -- not stopped altogether! Do other things that require internet access work normally? Do the videos start but just buffer frequently, or do they not load at all? Do you see any error messages?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_mike_c

Howdy there!

We wanna do whatever we can to get this resolved. Marissa asked some great questions that'll help us figure out what happened. Can you give us a reply and keep us updated on how things are going? Thanks.

• tmo_marissa

Greetings! Just wanted to check in with you once more -- how are things going? Did you have a chance to reach out for assistance? If you still need help, please let us know!