Digits app on iPad and iPhone is always offline

agulle31

several phone calls and tickets later, my digits app is virtually useless.

it is working when connected thru lte / cellular but when I connect thru wifi it becomes offline.

Tried everything already. Reset networks settings. Deleted and re installed app, set app setting to connect using data only.

Its sad sad that Viber and google app never had this issue and those apps are free

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Hmm, that's really odd but I appreciate you being so thorough with your testing. Have you also tried using it on more than one Wi-Fi connection? Do other services work on wi-fi? Like calling or data? Usually it takes about 3 days to get an update on tickets filed with our Tech Care. Have you checked on them to see if there's been any updates?

• agulle31

Other services are working ok calling. Texting. Wifi Calling. All apps working iMessage. Viber etc eRic. Everything except digits app. Even webdigits is working.

• agulle31

yes they’re updated. I have a feeling this is mostly happening when switching to some wifi connections But not all. is there a specific wifi setting to avoid this from happening?

• tmo_mike_c

You shouldn't need to change the Wi-Fi settings at all. This may be something we'll need to open a separate ticket for. Have you reached out to are Tech Care team recently to see if they could get a ticket open and send it to our DIGITS folks?

• tmo_amanda

Hi, agulle31!

Just swinging by to echo what Mike recommended above. With the info you've given us, opening a ticket with our DIGITS team via Tech Support is probably the best option. Have you already done so? If so, what was the outcome?

• agulle31

Yes 2 tickets have been done and was promised follow up which of course did not happen. When does anybody really follow up?never. I just think this is a waste of time. Waste of money. Too unreliable to be using for serious stuff like businesS stuff. google voice is much too reliable and polished And mind you its free. I only use this digits number when I’m as for non business stuff kind provdiing a number for online stuff and you don’t want to provide your real number. When im buying stuff frlm Craigslist i use digits so they don’t get my real number. That’s just about what you can use digital for. I do not know why people pay for this service.

• tmo_amanda

Thanks for getting back to me, agulle31! I'm sorry you haven't received any type of follow-up with either of your tickets. Reps should be getting notifications when the ticket is closed and they should be following up once they're back in the office. You're right - there have been some hiccups with DIGITS but our Engineers are usually on the ball and getting the issues fixed. If you have social media, I recommend getting in touch with our T-Force team via Facebook or Twitter and they're able to look up your tickets and let you know the outcome. Additional troubleshooting may be necessary depending on what our Engineers said but with two tickets filed, we should have some answers for you!