Galaxy J7 Antenna Issues?

magenta4827364

Galaxy J7 Antenna issues?  All four of us have this phone, and the reception sucks!!!  I never had this issue with any of the other cheaper model phones.  Is it the antenna or does the Network suck in Wilkes-Barre area?  I never had issues like this before, so trying to determine if it's this model of phone, or their network?  Is there an antenna booster that actually works that I can buy for this model phone?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Galaxy J7 Antenna Issues?

Hmm, we haven't been getting any reports of issues with the antenna. Have you looked up a specific address on our coverage map or are you looking at the general Wilkes-Barre area? Have you gone to any other locations with these devices to see if the signal is stronger?

• magenta4827364

This issue wasn't prevalent until I got this last phone..  Galaxy J7..

It;s not just mine.  Wife can call me on my land line, and the call will

temporarily blackout, or drop completely..  Prior to this phone, the only

place I experienced issues was located in 18708 zip code near Sheetz

market..  Since the network supposedly hasn't changed based on your

response, it leads me to believe the Samsung Galaxy J7 sucks..  Are there

any reputable antenna boosters?

Best Regards,

Bill

• tmo_mike_c

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions on antennas for the phone. That would be an accessory I can't guarantee would work anyway. What I can suggest is change settings on the phone. For example, you could try scanning for T-Mobile's network to see if the reconnecting helps. Toggle the 2G setting could help you get better signal too.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey again.

Did you still need some help? Please give us a reply back and let us know if things are working any better. Thanks.

• magenta4827364

Hi,

No change..  Phones are still experiencing this issue in areas that have

supposedly have great coverage.  My wife just called me at 1:30pm..  She

called my landline at work.  Our five minute conversation was full of

break-ups, and blank air..  She was calling from Wilkes Barre zip code

18702 on River St. in the vicinity of Rte. 309..  I was just wondering if

there is a setting to boost the antenna gain or something like that..  I

work in Dallas, PA. Zip code 18612..  I don't bother answering my cell at

work, because call quality sucks!  I have to walk around to find a better

signal, to send a text/email.

Best Regards,

Bill

• tmo_mike_c

Hmm, both those locations show really strong coverage. Are you indoors or outdoors when this happens? There's not a setting that'll boost the signal, but we can test it on another band frequency to see if it's just a certain connection that's causing this. Can you switch the band to use only 2G or use only 3G to see if the call quality is better? You may wanna have your wife try this too and see if it helps her.

• magenta4827364

Tried your suggestion ..  I switch to 2G/3G/auto instead of LTE/2G/3G..  My

first call this morning in I-81 between Avoca and Pittston had a horrible

time calling a land line..  I changed the setting back to the previous, and

was able to make the call with "less" breakup, but it was still present.

• tmo_mike_c

Thanks for testing that out. Man, that coverage there looks rock solid, especially in the Avoca area. There' some tower modernization on the Pittston near I-81, but since this is stretching over a large area, this might not be coming from the coverage. We could look at filing a ticket with our engineering team to check these areas for audio issues. In the event this is truly a device issue, we'd be looking at resetting the phones to fix this. As I mentioned before, we don't have any device we can offer that'll help with the phones' antennas.