Rebate denied

magenta4809634

I switched from Att&T to T-Mobile because of a promotional offer( buy one iPhone8 plus and get another with rebate of $700). I was told by customer representative in T-Mobile store that I will receive by rebate master card in mail in 2 months and nothing required from my end. After 2 months when I spoke with customer care representative, I was informed I need to submit rebate request online. Can somebody please tell was that promotion was FAKE to attract new customers?

I called T-Mobile customer care for rebate. They redirected me to other T-Mobile promotional and rebate contact number. And that number always says to check rebate online. Online - the status is denied. Where to GO? What to do?

Is my work to call, track, follow up T-Mobile instead of doing my actual work. At the end of day I am seeing status as "REBATE DENIED" without a reason. I didn't expect that bad experience with T-Mobile.
    Anybody else experiencing similar rebate issues? Is there any contact number or any solution instead of spending lot of time on customer care?
    Thanks,

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Rebate denied

Hello, and welcome! It stinks to read that you're putting in so much effort to get answers about your rebate and coming up empty-handed. Does the Rebate Status page show a reason for the denial? When you're reaching out to the Promo team, can you try following these prompts? That should get you to a representative you can speak with!

1-877-311-8853

Press 1 for English.

Press 2 for Terms & Conditions

Press 2 for General Instructions

Press 1 for Additional Assistance.

• tmo_marissa

Hi, hi! Just wanted to check in and see if you'd had a moment to reach out to the rebates team and use the prompts suggested to work with someone to get to the bottom of this! Please let us know if you have any updates!

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there!

Marissa left some great steps on getting in touch with the right folks that can help. Just wanted to ask, have you given them a call to see if you can get help with your rebate?

• jquinto160

I was denied too!  The rebate status page says the reason is "Must purchase qualifying device for this offer."  I bought 2 iPhone 8 devices!!!!!

• skamorebato

They are still doing this.  I called after I sent in a qualifying phone to make sure I was doing everything right and didn't need to do anything extra and they said "Did you set your account up over the phone?" Yes I said, "Ok just be patient it will come."   Now I'm tild it is outside the window.  Terrible customer service.

• skamorebato

I have to say, the online customer service is much better than calling in.  They listened to what I told them and fixed the problem quickly... Kudos to them!  If you have a problem try Twitter or Facebook before calling.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • scar61

can you post a link if possible

• scar61

Thanks skamorebato

After checking my rebate status online it said DENIED “trade in phone didn’t meet the requirements” when I knew I traded in a almost perfect iphone 6s so I was pretty upset, so after doing some research and came across skamorebato’s post so I went on Facebook and went on T-Mobile‘s Page and started a chat via messenger and was able to get the iphone BOGO resolve in a few hours with a link for a Virtual Card for $700.00 redeemable  immediately