Problems with Samsung Galaxy S9 Phones.

magenta4807916

I am having the same problems with Samsung Galaxy s9 phones.  I just bought both new Samsung Galaxy s9 with bogo promotions except for one problem. I have a problem getting rid of annoying glitch and glassy background noise.  When me and my wife talked on just Samsung Galaxy S9 to S9, it gives us a kinda mute and static background when we both communicating on both S9 but other phone models to S9 is ok. For example, I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 calling S9 and talking is bright and clear but when I call S9 to S9 it gives us a staic and glassy background noise when talking toneach other.   It is true that Samsung is getting sued for this defective phone. Have anyone experienced this problem with both Samsung galaxy S9 communicationing to each other? RIght now,I am waiting for tech support saying that it could be my network line but I doubt that they could come up with a solution saying that thwy are working with Engineers for this situation. My other old phones works just fine with the network I'm on so why the new S9 phones have problems.  Samsung should not sell defective phones to consumers and retailers like Tmobile.  Maybe,  this is why they ate fetting sued. GEEZE. HELP!!! ANY SOLUTIONS.

All replies

• tmo_lauren

It sounds like you are already taking the right steps having engineers work on the possibilities with you! Beyond that, we are limited what we can do here on the forums and we definitely suggest continuing to work with our tech support.

Have you heard anything back on your ticket?

-Lauren

• magenta4807916

Yes, Engineer said nothing wrong with my line. So, I think it's the Samsung Galaxy S9. So, I'm keeping two bad phones I bought.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

• tmo_lauren

Oh man. That really is strange.

Have you possibly tried a SIM card update?

-Lauren

• magenta4807916

Yes, both phones have new sims were replaced and even unlocked to try another carrier like at&t and still does the same noise. I know now that the Samsung galaxy s9 have bad hardware and not software and Samsung does not want any part of it saying it is bad. SUCKS. I am stuck qith these phones cause tmobile have no other solution even though I have been with them almost 9 years.  They tell me they can't replace different phones for me so now I am am stuck with these S9 with static and glassy background noise when talking just S9 to S9. 

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta4807916!

Thank you for getting back to us. You shouldn't be stuck with phones that aren't working the way they should be. Are you only having issues with audio/sounds while connected to WiFi or is it while connected to our network? Also, if you put callers on speakerphone, does that help? Lastly, can you tell me the baseband version both phones are running? To get that info, follow these steps:

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
                        2. Tap Settings > About phone > Software information.
                        3. View the Baseband version
                        • tmo_amanda

Good morning, magenta4807916!

I'm stopping by one last time to see if you've had a moment to check your baseband version following the steps I previously provided. We'd love to help out but just need a little more info.

• magenta4807916

Attached is a pic my my baseband version. 

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 8:26 AM, Amanda<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

#yiv2490900744 * #yiv2490900744 a #yiv2490900744 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv2490900744 #yiv2490900744 h1, #yiv2490900744 h2, #yiv2490900744 h3, #yiv2490900744 h4, #yiv2490900744 h5, #yiv2490900744 h6, #yiv2490900744 p, #yiv2490900744 hr {}#yiv2490900744 .yiv2490900744button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

You have been mentioned

by Amanda in Re: Problems with Samsung Galaxy S9 Phones. in T-Mobile Support - View Amanda's reference to you

I'm stopping by one last time to see if you've had a moment to check your baseband version following the steps I previously provided. We'd love to help out but just need a little more info. 

Participate in the conversation by replying to this email

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• magenta4807916

When communicating both S9, speaker phones seems to sounds berter and don't have that glassy high pitch noise but only have it when talking normally on the phones. I also have unlocked both phones to see if it was my lines from tmobile but still does the same thing on AT&T lines when switching sim carriers. It is frustrating. 

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 8:26 AM, tmo_amanda<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:  

#yiv3670053443 * #yiv3670053443 a #yiv3670053443 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv3670053443 #yiv3670053443 h1, #yiv3670053443 h2, #yiv3670053443 h3, #yiv3670053443 h4, #yiv3670053443 h5, #yiv3670053443 h6, #yiv3670053443 p, #yiv3670053443 hr {}#yiv3670053443 .yiv3670053443button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

Problems with Samsung Galaxy S9 Phones.

reply from tmo_amanda in Android products - View the full discussion

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Android products by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following Problems with Samsung Galaxy S9 Phones. in these streams: Inbox

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

• tmo_amanda

Hmm. It sounds like the device may be the issue, magenta4807916! I looked over your last two replies and the image didn't attach which means I still don't know what baseband version you're running. Can you give it one more shot please?

• magenta4807916

Ok, here it is.

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 4:43 PM, Amanda<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

#yiv1488693275 * #yiv1488693275 a #yiv1488693275 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv1488693275 #yiv1488693275 h1, #yiv1488693275 h2, #yiv1488693275 h3, #yiv1488693275 h4, #yiv1488693275 h5, #yiv1488693275 h6, #yiv1488693275 p, #yiv1488693275 hr {}#yiv1488693275 .yiv1488693275button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

You have been mentioned

by Amanda in Re: Problems with Samsung Galaxy S9 Phones. in T-Mobile Support - View Amanda's reference to you

Hmm. It sounds like the device may be the issue, magenta4807916! I looked over your last two replies and the image didn't attach which means I still don't know what baseband version you're running. Can you give it one more shot please?

Participate in the conversation by replying to this email

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there!

Amanda asked some really good question. Can you take a peek at those and let us know if speaker phone works and what software version you're running? Thanks!

• tmo_chris

Re: Problems with Samsung Galaxy S9 Phones.

Still not coming through. If you are replying via email, images will not show up. You will need to log into our support.t-mobile.com site and reply to upload the image. You will click this option when crafting your reply.

Capture.JPG

• tmo_chris

Re: Problems with Samsung Galaxy S9 Phones.

Hey there! Any luck getting your screenshot to post?