Galaxy core prime

magenta4807889

Why doesnt my phone boot up wen turned on ?

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Galaxy core prime

Hey there!

Unfortunately there could be a lot of reasons for this. Are you sure your device is charging? When plugged in, does the screen illuminate and show and charge indication?

-Lauren

• magenta4807889

Thanks Lauren. I no longer have the core prime, bought a replacement phone, so dun over the grief the core prime gave me, needed a phone for work. Jaye

• tmo_lauren

That's certainly a solution as well!

I wish you the best of luck on your new phone!!! If you have any questions about the new device, please don't hesitate to ask!

-Lauren

• magenta4807889

Hi Lauren, I do in fact have a question.  Well more like a problem actually. My new phone will not allow me to add both of my email accounts, Gmail &  Yahoo because the message says can not locate my former device being the core prime.   How is this issue to be remedied? My Google account is my business email and my yahoo acct is one I have had forever. Changing either/ both is not an option.  Thank you for your time, Jaye

• tmo_lauren

That's no good, but lets see what we can do.

That's not an issue I am super familiar with and even with a quick search I couldn't find too much. What device are you switching to? Did you have any sort of extra security precautions that require authentication from your previous device? Do you still have the username and current password (I don't need you to share, only asking for your personal use) for the email addresses you are trying to connect with?

Thanks!

-Lauren

• magenta4807889

I now have a Samsung J7, no I didnt have any security authentication or super strict security codes on the core prime, yes I know the username and password of my accounts but with this new phone and I do not know why but it keeps trying to locate my former phone and since it can not this new phone will not allow me to add my email accounts.  I have never had this issue ever before.  I may just have to go back to the store where I bought  them and beg for help.... Thanks !  Jaye

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 9:26 AM, tmo_lauren<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

#yiv9526180377 * #yiv9526180377 a #yiv9526180377 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv9526180377 #yiv9526180377 h1, #yiv9526180377 h2, #yiv9526180377 h3, #yiv9526180377 h4, #yiv9526180377 h5, #yiv9526180377 h6, #yiv9526180377 p, #yiv9526180377 hr {}#yiv9526180377 .yiv9526180377button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

Galaxy core prime

reply from tmo_lauren in Android products - View the full discussion

That's no good, but lets see what we can do.

That's not an issue I am super familiar with and even with a quick search I couldn't find too much. What device are you switching to? Did you have any sort of extra security precautions that require authentication from your previous device? Do you still have the username and current password (I don't need you to share, only asking for your personal use) for the email addresses you are trying to connect with?

Thanks!

-Lauren

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Android products by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following Galaxy core prime in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• tmo_lauren

For Gmail, I may at least try these steps here

Add or remove trusted computers - Google Account Help

I think maybe removing a trusted device from Desktop (it does seem to be needed to be done while logged into gmail from a computer) would help.

-Lauren

• magenta4807889

Except Im not on my laptop I am trying to add to my new phone . My tab and laptop have no issues.

• tmo_lauren

I totally understand you aren't trying to do so from your laptop! I just think removing the trusted device which Google instructs to do form a laptop may help. That way you could remove the old device you no longer have, and hopefully that would cause your new device to stop searching for it.

-Lauren

• magenta4807889

Ahhh i get it !  Ill try that and let you know what happens. Thanks Lauren for all your help in this matter,

• tmo_lauren

Absolutely!

Keep us updated.

-Lauren

• tmo_amanda

Happy Friday, magenta4807889!

Did removing the old device(s) from Google help? Let us know if you notice any difference.

• magenta4807889

No still will not accept both my email addresses that I have had forever

plus it says it cant find my phone number ending in 2816. Keeps going back

to a phone number I havent had in years ending in 7190.

Jaye Howard

• tmo_marissa

Yuck -- sorry to read this is still being so difficult!
                                                          Let me backtrack and make sure I'm reading this right -- you have successfully added your Yahoo account, but are running into trouble adding the Google account? Where on the phone are you trying to add this info -- in Settings > Accounts and Sync, or just through an app? If you're bumping into error messages, do you mind giving us a screenshot so that we can dig around for that verbatim?

• magenta4807889

Yes my Yahoo acct was finally allowed to add but still having issue adding my biz account Basically how can I stop my new phone trying to locate the core prime to add the biz account?

*edited to remove personal information - Marissa

• tmo_marissa

I'm glad you got Yahoo added! Where are you trying to add the business email account info? Is this during start-up, or from Settings > Accounts, or through the Gmail app? Can you take a screen shot or give us a verbatim of the error message you're seeing? This sort of error is a little outside of our scope, but we're  happy to hunt for a solution for you -- but searching for the specific message you're getting where you're bumping into is going to be the most likely way to return results!

• magenta4807889

The problem is no error message or error #.. when I go to gmail and it says add account I put in my biz email it goes to checking info then comes up with cannot add email . Ive tried adding it from accounts off setting list also. Why is this happening, why is this phone or google or vmail so intent on trying to locate my other phone( the core prime) when it can just verify my biz account from my tablet ?   Im really getting unhappy  with this issue.    

*edited to remove personal information - Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Ugh, I understand your frustration -- that's so weird! I did some looking around online and basically from what I can tell, it seems like somehow 2FA, or Two-Factor Authentication, has been enabled on your business gmail account -- that would explain why it's looking for an old phone to send verification codes so that you can sign in on the new phone.
                                                                          I did a little digging on Google Account Help and it looks like you might be able to use a "printable" back up code instead -- Sign in using backup codes - Google Account Help. Once you get in, you can use these steps to turn off 2FA: Turn off 2-Step Verification - Google Account Help!
                                                                          Please note -- since Google accounts and Gmail are third party services, we're not trained to support them -- this is all stuff I found trying to make some educated guesses and help. If you're still bumping into trouble and you want to go to the source for assistance, I would highly recommend the Google Help forums! Or you can start looking for answers on their site here: Can't sign in to your Google Account - Google Account Help.

• magenta4807889

OhhhMyyy You are a sainte, lifesaver and oh so wonderful Marissa!!!   OH and ingenious.. I was able to turn OFF 2 step verification-I hate that will never use it again caused me so much grief and then I deleted my temp gmail acct I had set up thinking that may have made it easier to add my biz acct wrongso now thankfully Hopefully I can start anew adding my biz account to my new phone and start receiving emails from my business again . I did watch some of the youtube videos about 2step, changing gmail passwords and locating a(long lost) gmail account  which thank you to you helped me to understand alot more about Google , google services and Gmail...yada yada.!:)♡♡♡☆☆☆Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Without your assistance Id still be hatin my new phone haha.  Wow , You are very intelligent and should get a raise for how you helped me get thru this phone hell