Oreo note 8 massive failure

androidz32015

Good job t mobile, you guys were last to roll  it out, that the update was stopped, glad it did, first you guys say it's in testing and ya I saw that, it now kills my battery from 100% to 35% in 5 hours, the s pen don't work, chrome on Google fails, the camera don't work, apps appear from nowhere I didn't download, I did 3 factory resets, and clear catch partition many times, and things just got worst you guys owe me a new device, it worked fine till now, it has warranty so what's my option??? Is there a new version of Oreo to fix this junk

All replies

• cesaribenitez95

Re: Oreo note 8 massive failure

Hate that happen to your device, but if your device is under a year then either t-mobile (pay a warranty processing fee and may get a refub device within 48 business hours ) or  sent it back to samsung ( you have to print the return labe and wait 7 to 10 business days to get back your device or a new one).  There is a 3rd option, if you have a near by best buy that his a samsung kois (like in san antonio tx) they can force the modified build of the os to it.

• androidz32015

Thanks for the reply, I kinda wondered, I stupidly cancelled the t mobile tier 4 insurance since it worked perfect since last August till April fools Oreo update, but t mobile did ohner the new phone swap out for a new in box, the rep was very cool, they were out of refurbished units so he said it was my lucky day, so he did laugh when I told him the April fools update, the guy did say it's under the year warranty so he honerd it. Plus since they stopped the update on April 3rd, and he even said people at t mobile seen issues with Oreo on the note 8 and s8 and s8+. So it's kinda a wide spread issue and when I get my new one it's staying on android version 7.1.1. The heck with Oreo, Oreo wasn't all that anyways,  but I thank you for the reply..

• tmo_mike_c

I'm glad you're getting a replacement device. Sorry the first wasn't working well after the update. Have you received the replacement phone yet? Just wanna make sure that one is working out well for you.

• androidz32015

Hate to say that replacement was a refurbished and was in bad condition, but I decided to move onto Verizon, I have one line left on t mobile and paying the last two eip payments off and both lines are being ported to Verizon wireless, I'm sure liking my Google pixel 2 xl, puts Samsung to shame, so after all this I have no trust in t mobile anymore after 6 years with them, thanks for the kindly reply Mike c. My services are much better with Verizon too and friendlier customer service as well, ya t mobile told my the replacement was new in box, but sent out a badly scuffed up note 8 and that was a huge joke on t mobiles part, so just another lost customer to t mobile, and probably more to come I'm sure after all Samsung's and t mobile Oreo issue,  John legere CEO of t mobile needs to advise this issue and other issues like service and rude store reps, not so much buying out sprint or merging with them, I hope this brings t mobile a huge failure to them...

• tmo_mike_c

Oh man. It's a bummer we lost your business and I'm truly sorry you were treated rudely. That's not the reputation we want to have at all, but I do appreciate you giving us feedback on this. I do hope one day we can earn your business again and keep as part of the T-Mobile family in the future.

• androidz32015

Thanks for replying t mo Mike c it's people like you that t mobile needs in stores and on 611 support or customer reps!!!!! You seem like a guy who can run t mobile, funny thing just as I paid the last two eip payments on my son's iPhone x now unlocked, a customer service supervisor called me and asked what was going on why I was leaving t mobile and I explained to him about the store I go to here in long beach California on Pacific coast Hwy and told him the young 18 to 25 year olds act like they don't care and the store manager was on a 3 way call and I got names of the people at that store who act and treat customers goodly and the store manager was quite aware who I was giving names of and they apparently have had numerous complaints from them and are on a employee recycle to hire different reps there, I have nothing against 18 to 25 year olds I was there not to long ago myself but my generation didn't treat people like the kids do these days, and also lucky the 611 reps notes were logged in my account that was stated a new in box note 8 was to be sent out to me, it was the warehouse mistake to send the one that was sent, so the store manager as a apologise agreed to give me a in store new in box replacement, so I took in consideration to stay with t mobile normally stores don't and will not do this but the manager did due to the issues with employees there, and agreed with 611 supervisor to do this, lucky I bought my Google pixel 2 xl factory unlocked on eBay and does work perfect on t mobile, so long story short. I'm staying t mobile for now. Just hope the store on pch in long beach where I live close to makes changes, or I can just go the store on spring and Palo Verde streets I live between both stores so I'll see what happens,  but thanks a lot there Mike c. I haven't opened the box and fired up the new note 8 yet, just hope it's on android version 7.1.1 where my old note 8 was and worked perfect since last August till Oreo came.. maybe I'll trade the new note 8 in for the note 9 not to far away, or sell it on eBay who knows I'll see. Thanks again, was there a reason why t mobile stopped the Oreo roll out on April 3rd?? And will they roll out a newer version soon?? My pixel is on Oreo 8.1 and Google is amidst android P for Google devices soon