No service at 22030 since 2/27.  Fed up...

smanz

I have had no service at work since 2/27. My zip is 22030.  I was told on my first call in that the tower closest to my workplace was undergoing upgrades and would be completed 4/2.  She kindly offered a discount to my bill for the inconvenience.  Several days after the 2nd and I still had no service at work, so I called again.  The rep confirmed that the tower was still undergoing work and the completion date had been pushed back to 4/27.  She also suggested troubleshooting in my office where I am having the issues and asked for my office number which I provided.  She was going to call me on that line but I did not receive a follow up call.  I'm frustrated that calling is the only way to get help.  I know the 27th is the end of this week, but honestly I'm fed up from having paid for service for 2 months which I only get for the half of the day I'm not at work.  Sadly, I'm thinking about trying another carrier, though this is really the first and only problem I've had with T-Mobile.  Any updates on the work on this tower?

All replies

• smanz

Re: No service at 22030 since 2/27.  Fed up...

Update...

Screenshot_20180427-091039.png

• tmo_mike_c

Yikes! What a shame. We totally wanna give you more info about what's going on in your area. I do have a few questions. Is this only happening while you're inside your work building? Have you tested this outside and in other areas to see if you get service? Issues like this normally result in a Service Compliant in which Tech easily pull it up and check the status of it.

• smanz

Thanks for the post Mike.

Since the end of Feb I have been getting no service inside my work building and weak service in the parking lot.  Before February my service has been great inside and outside the building.  When I drive a few blocks from my workplace my service is back to normal.  My work building is at the corner of Chain Bridge Rd and Armstrong St in Fairfax, VA (38.841929, -77.309248).

• tmo_mike_c

Okay. Thanks for that info. From what I'm seeing, the strongest signal is gonna be outdoors and in cars. It may be possible to get 2G signal if you chance the network settings to 2G only. However, that will change your network experience slightly. Really, the best solution is to have our Tech Care team file a Service Complaint for you workplace. That'll get engineers to provide more insight after checking the coverage in that area. I can't say for sure if/when improvements will be made to get it back to the way it was. This will at least get them to investigate the coverage here and maybe help shine some light on what can be done to get you better service.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • smanz

The signal booster was working well through 5/25.  I went on vacation the following week and when I got back to work on 6/4 the window unit of the signal booster is not receiving a signal.  I have tried restarting both the window unit and coverage unit, and moved it around the building with no change.

The signal in the open-air parking lot next to the building used to be weak but is now non-existent.  Why is signal strength deteriorating at this location?

• smanz

Unfortunately all options to stay on this network have been exhausted and I've switched carriers to resolve the service issue.

My time with T-Mobile has been great except for this problem with service in my work building.  Customer service is excellent, though I do wish there was webchat or other ways to contact other than making a phone call.

Thanks to all for your help!