Anywhere to request a Tower?

jooroth18

Ive been using T-Mobile for solid 6 months now after I switched from AT&T. The data speed is truly amazing, but i have encountered coverage problems. I looked on a website where it tells you tower locations: http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=lithia&state_abr=fl . Outside, the coverage is a strong 3-5 bars of LTE, but indoors, you either get No Service or 1 bar of EDGE. i went on that website to see whats the deal with the weird coverage, and sure enough, the towers are all crowded in the edges of Florida. I live in the Lithia area (33547) by the way. on the T-Mobile website, it says i should get a strong LTE signal and that it is user verified. But in reality and what that website seems to suggest, that's not so true. I already got a personal CellSpot, but that only fixes coverage in my home, not at work or in the stores. I want to know where i can request more towers to be built, as the speeds from T-Mobile are great but the coverage is very spotty and all the other carriers including sprint do a better job of coverage.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Anywhere to request a Tower?

Hey, jooroth18! Welcome! I'm glad to hear you've got great speeds; but totally understand why consistency would improve matters.
        There are a few things you can do! You can visit this site: https://howmobileworks.com/ and sign the petition, including your address! You can also Contact Us and discuss specific addresses where you're having service trouble with our tech team. We'll be able to let you know if there's known congestion, upcoming planned improvements or maintenance, and if what you're experiencing is counter to what we'd expect based on our maps, we can get a ticket filed to report the issue to our engineering team. I took a quick look at Lithia on the map and it does seem like service could vary across the area. The strongest signal is going to be on 700MHz, but definitely parts of the area are better than others.
        Are you getting No Service indoors at your home, or everywhere? What kind of building do you live in? If you have broadband internet maybe we could explore a coverage solution option to help with your in-home coverage!

• tmo_marissa

Re: Anywhere to request a Tower?

Hi there! Just wanted to check in with you and see if the links and recommendation above helped answer your initial question. I'd also love to know if you had the chance to reach out and see if there was a good fit coverage solution for you! Hope everything's going OK!