Fixed REG90 cannot connect wifi calling

whatthe??

Have seen little for repairing this error code. New Samsung Galaxy S9 on T-Mobile network. Wi-Fi calling would not enable came back with code either reg90 or reg99.

After much research, came to conclusion that it was sim problem. I went into settings apps  shows list of app installed. Find sim tool kit. Click on icon then storage. Clear cache then app data. Reboot. Problem was fixed. Hope this helps someone.

All replies

• chiragc91

Re: Fixed REG90 cannot connect wifi calling

Thanks so much man!!! Couldn't figure out why this wasn't working I have 0 reception at home and rely on wifi calling to work!!!! You've saved my life.

• whatthe??

Really glad it worked for you. So odd there is not more info on this issue. T-Mobile actually sent me personal cell spot at no extra charge because they could not fix. Was going to get new phone as I thought this one was defective until I did some research and voila! Also someone with Apple phone went into T- Mobile store and replaced sim. That worked. It is definitely SIM issue. Not phone. Again glad it worked.

Whatthe??

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

• magenta4199976

I've been running into the same issue since I got the s9(unlocked). A reboot was always a temporary fix for me. Can anyone confirm that this fixed the issue for good? I just tried it, so I'm hoping!

• whatthe??

Hi. Well two people I know had this work for them and have not heard that it stopped working for them. My S9 still going strong with wifi calling. Been almost 2 months now. Also am very sure it sim problem. One person with apple phone had this issue and they went in store and got new sim despite tmobile thinking it would not work and IT DID. So I have high Hope's this is permanent fix.  Good luck and please keep me posted.

• magenta4199976

Unfortunately this did not resolve it permanently for me. I am pretty sure that I have my e911 address set, but I'll contact support to see if maybe I missed something there. I also have a DIGITS number linked with the number in this phone, so maybe that is causing some trouble? If it is a SIM problem as you say, maybe it makes sense to ask them for a new SIM card as well.

I will update this thread if I make any progress with that.

• whatthe??

Hi.  I was following up to see if your issue had been resolved.  Any luck with replacing SIM card.  Hope you are able to resolve this as I know it is frustrating.

Regards,

Marianna

• magenta4199976

Hello again,

I have been lazy, and hadn't done much troubleshooting on this issue until today. Before going directly to the store and trying to get a new SIM card, I decided to try tmobile support via facebook. I referenced this thread among other methods I have tried to fix my issue. They sent an over the air update to my phone. I was able to see the update happen as my phone said "Refreshing SIM Data" in the spot you normally get notifications for connecting to wifi networks (Essentially it just popped up in a grey box in the middle of the screen).  I'm hopeful that this is a permanent fix because it's the first time my phone went from having the error to working without a reboot.

• whatthe??

Also make sure if you are getting REG90 that you have e911 address set in your tmobile app under profile settings.

• magenta4956862

Work for me thanks for the information

• pip1948

I just used your fix and it worked. However, I have an LG7, and I do not have a sim tool kit. But I went through each app and cleared the cache as well as removed updates to apps that I don't use and can't delete. I don't know that this a sim problem as much as a memory space on the sim.  I freed up a gig of memory and it fixed it.

I live in an area where I get no cell service so WiFi calling is essential for me.

Thank you for he information, it was a life saver.

• jjhughe90

I have had a new plan and phone (LG) for about a month with no problems.  Had my phone number changed (recycled number, lots of junk calls) and immediately got this error after the subsequent reboot which would have updated the SIM.  Unfortunately this fix is not working for me.  I have cleared the cache and data in the SIM Toolkit twice now and rebooted, still getting the REG90 error.

will you please tell me the exact name for the "sim tool kit" that fixed your problem. I can't find "sim tool kit" on my Samsung Note 5 - t-mobile phone

• magenta4132624

THANK YOU,THANK YOU.  Now if I could just get it to stay working more than a couple of days at a time!  Thanks for the tip.

• magenta6451105

After trying all the suggestions I could find online regarding this issue, I went to the local T-Mobile store to replace my S8 Active's SIM due to the REG90 error with wifi calling. Actually ended up going twice because we thought we had hit on a solution but it still wasn't right.

On the second visit, one of the staff agreed that sometimes replacing the SIM will fix the problem. But she suggested that before we replace the SIM we try deleting all of my saved network connection profiles and after doing that it's been rock solid - no more REG90 errors.

This was driving me crazy and she nailed it. It appears there may be more than one cause for this error so add this to the list of things to try.