Cant connect to partner networks

magenta4694358

I recently moved from phoenix az to sw Wisconsin and have not had reliable service since the move. It says the area is covered under partner networks, but I am unable to connect to any of them. Since moving I have upgraded to the v30 phone and have had the simple card replaced in hopes that it would help, but no luck. If I do a network search it lists 3 options but will not connect to either of the lte options and will only connect to the gsm option that only offers 2g service. Every time I talk to tech support they say it's probably just a coverage issue and I should get a signal booster. I don't really think that's the issue because the networks show up as options but will not let me connect. Also, my wife is on the same plan and has the same phone and has no problems, so it seems to be an issue specific to my line/phone.

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: Cant connect to partner networks

I'm not sure where you are located specifically but you can use the coverage map to see what type of service you can expect. Not all roaming coverage is LTE and alot of it is Edge(2g). 4G LTE Coverage Map | Check Your 4G LTE Cell Phone Coverage | T-Mobile

It is also worth pointing out that you will only be able to connect to roaming partners that T-mobile has a agreement with. You also only have a limited amount of roaming domestic data which varies on the plan. Sorry that I could not be more help to you but this sounds like one of those situations were there is not much that can be done.

• magenta4694358

Thanks for replying. Normally I would just accept that it is bad coverage since I can connect to an edge network, but it seems like I cant connect to certain partner networks that my phone is able to detect when doing a network search. But it bothers me that I can be in the same room as other tmobile users, including my wife (on the same plan), that are able to access LTE partner networks and not be able to connect to the same network.                        

• drnewcomb2

T-Mobile uses LAC-blocking to limit where and on which networks customers can roam. As soon as they deploy any service anywhere near a roaming area they are quick to block that partner's LACs in that area and the maps don't always keep up. Sometimes the maps T-Mobile gets from their roaming partners have inaccurate LAC information, which further adds to the confusion.

• tmo_mike_c

Looks like you got a lot of great input from our community folks. Just curious if you've had the chance to try the suggestions above. Please let us know how things are going.