So I've been working to get my 2 Galaxy S8 Plus phones unlocked for over a week now. They are both Samsung Galaxy S8+ phones purchased directly from Samsung that are locked to T-Mobile. They have been paid off and after may multiple calls/texts to support they meet all the requirements to be unlocked and in fact I've been told they should be good to unlock several times. I've had this issue submitted to the T-Mobile/SAMSUNG unlock team twice (requires 72 hours each time) and other reps have tried (24 hour wait and escalation team) and continue to get "UNLOCK FAILED" from the Device unlock app. I messaged SAMSUNG who suggested I reset some settings on the phone (which I did) but this didn't work and they told me that T-Mobile has to unlock the phone. T-Mobile had me put in another carrier SIM card to force reset, but this still didn't work. I've asked if there is another way to unlock (aside from the app) but have been told there is no other way. How can I resolve this???
FACTS: - T-Mobile GALAXY S8+ Phones (One has been factory reset-blank slate, the other has not)
- Purchased (fully paid) from SAMSUNG, on the network for 6+ Months (under the unlock limit per line)
- T-Mobile has "whitelisted" devices (per call to T-Mobile support)
- SAMSUNG has responded to T-Mobile Team to approve unlock/transfer IMEI into system
- T-Mobile Device Unlock App doesn't work (on Wi-Fi or with T-Mobile SIM/Mobile Connection)
- Putting in another Carrier SIM card doesn't work shows phone as network locked (and using Unlock App with SIM in still results in FAILED)