Who has ownership of the phone?

csusb909

A user under my account is leaving my account without paying the EIP of the phone, is the phone legally mine?

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Who has ownership of the phone?

In my opinion it's the Primary Account Holder's or Tmobile's if they're not going to pay for it and if that's the

case I would contact Tmobile support and they should be able to block the phone so it can't be used.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tidbits

In a courts perspective it would belong to the Account holder. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_marissa

Hey, csusb909! If you're the billing responsible party (your name is on the account), then you are financially responsible for any active equipment installment plans generated on the account. This sounds like a tricky predicament and I'm sorry you're going through this. Is the other person staying with T-Mobile? Depending on whether their new account qualifies for credit, and if they're willing to accept the responsibility for the device, we may be able to transfer the balance of the EIP to their new account -- we'd have to send them a financial agreement to eSign, but maybe it could solve this issue for you. Have you had a chance to talk this over with a team with account access? Were we able to look things over to see if that was an option?

• csusb909

Hello!

Thank you for your response. I have not yet talked this over with a team over in account access. I am pretty sure that the user is staying with tmobile. What would be the best number to reach the account access team to try and see if this would be an option?