Phone Activation on BOGO

drupadc

Hey all. I was in TMobile for 2 years and took advantage of the AppleBOGO that was recently active these days.I purchased phones on 16th of March and was wondering if I had to activate both devices and keep them both active in order to receive the BOGO. One of the iPhone X device is activated and will remain so on my line, but my friend like to continue to use his old phone on his line and hold using the new iPhone X that we purchased to possibly use after few days because he doesn't want it to use while he was staying with his parents, as his parents don't like him to spend too much money for a phone, while he was not getting decent pay from his current job.So he'd rather like to use it later after he was not with his parents, My question is whether or not both devices have to be active in order for the rebate to process successfully. I meet all qualifications: Adding a new line of service which are active (both on ONE) and both devices are purchased on a TMobile EIP or finance plan. I just wanted to make sure whether my friend is good to go. but He would rather like keeping it free without activating it for some days.

Please help me on this situation guys.

Thank you.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Phone Activation on BOGO

Hey, drupadc!
        I took a look at the internal information for the promo, and this is what we've got:
        New and existing postpaid customers who buy an iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, 8/8 Plus (PRODUCT)RED, or X can get a second iPhone (7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, 8/8 Plus (PRODUCT)RED, or X) on us (of equal or lesser value; $700.00 max value via rebate) when they:

- purchase both on EIP,

- port in at least one line

- have a qualifying T-Mobile ONE or Simple Choice Unlimited with unlimited high-speed data plan to use with one of the new devices, and

- trade in at least one functional, paid off, eligible iPhone, LG, or Samsung device.

Based on this, it looks like as long as you've completed the other steps -- ported in a line, traded in a device, have the correct plan, and are using *one* of the phones, you should still be eligible for the promo! If you have any additional questions, our T-Force team can take a look at your specific account and make sure everything's in order.