Note 8 April fools?

magenta4624880

I have a Note 8. I have not received the Oreo update. I called t-mobile customer support and said it was a Samsung problem and to speak to a Samsung rep at Best Buy. At Best Buy the Samsung rep said it was a T-Mobile problem as they release the update. I have tried to get the update via manually triggering the OTA on my phone update as well as Smart Switch method per the T-Mobile instructions. 13 days later I'm thinking the update release was a joke...?

All replies

• magenta3163250

Re: Note 8 April fools?

No joke, i received my update on the 2nd without any issues. They could have stopped but 4/1 was the original release date.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta4624880!

You should've received your update by now but it's possible that they update is still rolling out in batches. Just to confirm, do you own a T-Mobile branded Note8?

• magenta4624880

I bought my phone through Samsung website as a T-Mobile phone. It was never on another carrier.

• androidz32015

Still no update?? That's not good but your not missing much, it's a very glitchy update and battery life is bad, I called t mobile and they said Samsung pulled Oreo again the 2nd time for the note 8 due to issues??? If this was in testing and all that stuff and they can't still get it right, you maybe better off on version 7.1.1 mine was since last August and worked great till Oreo on the 1st of April, buy the 6th of April all heck broke loose, so maybe your getting the better batch t mobile is waiting for and I hope your update is solid not like the April foolish update I got..wish I was still on 7.1.1 but can't do that, do I had to resort to my IPhone x till the fix gets done... good luck and goog things go to who wait, and that's you... maybe you get Oreo 8.1 not the 8.0. Maybe the 8.1 is the fix for the 8.0 and more features.....hang in there it will come to you. I'll trade software with you lol lol but that's can't be done, but I wouldn't give you the 8.0 burden on you..

• androidz32015

Forgot to mention the galaxy s8 and s8+ have their issues on Oreo as well with random rebooting issues..ya I posted some stupid posts last month wanting Oreo for my note 8 so bad lol from rumors t mobile getting it March 25th to 30th, and i guess I bit off more than I can chew. Like I said hopefully they release Oreo 8.1 and end 8.0, my Google pixel 2 xl factory unlocked has 8.1 and runs solid as a rock and Google devices like my pixel and also the Google nexus both are in the fixing for Android P the next version after Oreo, Oreo has been around since last July on my Google pixel. Just hang on you don't want the Oreo burden of glitches.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey magenta4624880 .

I understand you've tried the manually update, but have you done it over Wi-Fi to see if it comes through?

• magenta4624880

Yes. I have also turned my device off and on.

• magenta4624880

I have tried this update at my home. I tried this update while alone. I tried this update with a friend. I tried this update to wits end. T-mobile's store had no thoughts. The Samsung rep said he's at a loss. OTA's push was not there. While manual update got me no where. I tried it with battery full. I tried it using the smart switch tool. I tried it on wi-fi. i tried it, tried it i do not lie. My phone space is plenty that is safe to say. I think this update is a product of April Fool's Day...

yeah, i'll let you know if I get it.