International calls and data

magenta4648962

I'm a pre-paid. 75$.

International calling and data both are not working. I' in Egypt.

Please help.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: International calls and data

I'm not very familiar with prepaid roaming. Does your phone register on any of the Egyptian networks? If so, have you sent the code #RON#?

• magenta4648962

Hi. Yes registers on Vodafone Egypt and I already entered the code. In vain.

• drnewcomb2

So the phone registers on Vodafone and you were able to sent "#RON#". When you said "in vain", what actually happened?

T-Mobile used to have a PDF file on their website that showed information about prepaid roaming. I have not been able to find it for some time now.

There's little on the website now that even hints that international roaming is supported for prepaid phones.

Most people who attempt to roam with a T-Mobile prepaid seem to have problems. Your WiFi calling should work if you get access to WiFi.

• magenta4648962

i sent the code while i was abroad and worked, i reconfigured the APNs as per written in t-mobile support for data activation " something like fast.t-mobile.com .....  " but no internet is working over data, of course it should be data roaming hence i'm abroad but it is not working. calls are also not working to local US numbers. I'm trying to reach t-mobile support so they answer my questions but i guess data roaming & call roaming are with additional fees !!!!!

• drnewcomb2

I don't know. T-Mobile used to have clear documentation of international roaming for prepaid plans but that vaporized. If you get onto WiFi Calling you can call T-Mobile's international roaming experts at + 1-505-998-3793. They might know the answer.

• magenta4648962

I messaged them and they told me that there are no roaming services for prepaid! !!

They can only convert prepaid to postpaid with additional fees !

I will NOT do that

• drnewcomb2

OK. That's kind of what I figured but didn't have hard information. They used to offer some (expensive) prepaid roaming in some countries but they just dropped that link from their site. Now the webiste doesn't clearly say one way or the other. I keep a Piranha Mobile international prepaid SIM as a backup for international roaming. It's good for calling but kind of expensive for data.  

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • magenta4650840

Hey

• tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta4648962. I'm so sorry to read that you were traveling while you learned about the prepaid international roaming limits. I'm sure that didn't make your trip any easier. FWIW, I believe based on this you should be able to place calls on Vodafone in Egypt with a T-Mobile ONE pay in advance plan or Simply Prepaid --  https://www.t-mobile.com/pdfs/IntlCallingRates -- although there is no international data support for these plan types. If you travel often, and a plan change to postpaid isn't the right fit for you, then I think drnewcomb2's suggestion of using a prepaid international SIM while you're traveling is often a good fit for many customers.

• magenta4648962

Well thanks Marissa for the reply. Actually since I bought a prepaid line I thought I should be international by default may be based on my wrong anticipation but expected the value of 75$ prepaid per month could cover this simple advantage. I should've read carefully about this issue on the website before making the decision. And yes it didn't make my trip any easier, I had to buy a local Sim from Egypt and using it for international calls. Therefore I lost my 75$ anyways