S9 Digits can call out but not receive

baloguk

Hey guys- 

I've got an open TMO Digits Ticket, but my Digits line is my work line and I really need it up and running--so I'm hoping the collective community can help out.

S9 phone, 3 weeks old.  Been running Digits native since day 1-  has been working great until this week.  Facts:

• I can call out from either primary or DIGITs line without issue.
    • I can send/receive SMS/MMS without issue from DIGITS line.
    • I cannot receive an inbound call on DIGITS line.  The S9 will not ring.  On the outbound line it rings 2x then goes to VM prompt.
    • If I load DIGITS App on top of S9, the app will allow the phone to ring, but it does not notify or give me the ability to answer the call- the screen remains on whatever activity/state it was in.
    • Calls show up as missed in call history.

Things I've done:

Pulled/Reinserted SIM

Cleared Cache Partition

Disable/Re-enabled Multi-Line

Unlinked/Relinked DIGITS line from S9 on web/account dashboard

Countless reboots

SDAT back-end provisioning refresh by TMO

All replies

• baloguk

Re: S9 Digits can call out but not receive

**UPDATE**

Got a call from DIGITS support today-  failure of Multi-Line Settings on backend.  Engineering has to rebuild and push a FW update to my phone--hopefully over the weekend, they say.  Short term fix is to disable Multi-Line native support and run DIGITS app.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_marissa

Thank you so much for sharing this! How are things going now, baloguk? Is the fix still in the works? Is the app solving your problems in the meantime?

• baloguk

Hi Marissa-  as of now the issue persists.  Spoke with Digits team this

morning and the phone still cannot receive inbound calls on the DIGITS

line.  Outbound communication from DIGITS is still working.  Interestingly,

DIGITS team attempted calls on their own DIGITS lines and replicated the

problem-  perhaps it is more widespread??

Current temp fix:

Disable multi-line settings native to S9.

Download & Run DIGITS application

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • tmo_marissa

Whoa, thank you for letting me know! I'll keep an eye out on our official internal Systems Issues list and let you know if I see anything that indicates that this is a widespread issue -- and for sure if there are any next steps or timelines for resolution included. It sounds like you're on the right track by working with internal teams, and I'm glad you have an interim fix (thank you for sharing it). Did our DIGITS folks file a ticket for the issue?

• baloguk

@tmo_marissa ;Yeah- it's been tricky since my DIGITS line is my work

mobile-  kinda need it running!  Yes, I have two active tickets filed by

DIGITS team.  They escalated it to supervisors this morning (supposedly)

when they couldn't get anything to work.  Estimated that Albuquerque would

start reviewing tomorrow AM. Next planned communication from DIGITS team is

scheduled for Thursday AM, unless something happens in between.

• tmo_marissa

OK, good to know -- and that's the correct process to follow! Please keep me posted on what you hear Thursday (or sooner) and in the interim I'll keep checking to see if this is a more widespread issue. FWIW, we do still have a ton of dedicated Beta users who pop into the forum here, so we often see trends before they become known issues. I haven't seen a bigger influx in posts describing a similar problem as of yet, but I'll keep an eye on that, too!

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there!

I know you were waiting on your Thursday follow up with our DIGITS folks. If you've heard from them sooner, please keep us posted on how things are going. Thanks.

• tmo_amanda

Happy Friday, baloguk!

I just wanted to swing by to see if you've heard back from our DIGITS team. Any updates by chance?