Problems with my password

lirivera518

I havehad a hotspot with Tmobile for three years. I have never had problems surfing the web from my Iphone (which is not from Tmobile). Today, I can't do it. I get a popup window asking me for a password to login. I enter my account password and get a message that it is incorrect. I tried with the hotspot password, and again get a message saying it is incorrect. I don't know what to do because you call customer service and are never able to talk to a representative. They ask for the phone number, I don't have a mobile phone with Tmobile, so it is useless to give a phone number tied to the hotspot because I will not get the code text message.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Problems with my password

Hey, lirivera518! Sorry to read that you're bumping into trouble using your iPhone with the TMO hotspot! What exactly does the pop up look like -- are you able to take a screen shot and post it here? I know it might not be a number you use or have memorized, but Mobile Internet lines (like those for hotspots and tablets) *do* have a ten digit number assigned to them. Is your Mobile Internet line postpaid or pay-in-advance?

• lirivera518

I know hitspots have a number assigned to them, but it us not a number to

which I can receive a text message with a cide to verify my identity. That

is why I have not been able to change my password, because the system,

which cannot identify whether the number belongs to a cell phone or a

hotspot, sends a verification code to the number of the hotspot, and since

I don’t receive the message, I cannot enter the verification code. The

problem is TMobile customer service is that it is impossible to talk to a

person, and unfortunately you have not programned your computers to solve

this kind of problems. And, since I don’t have a car, it is pretty

difficult for me to go to a store.

Lilliam

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha -- I hear you on the difficulty of making it to a store! What does the pop-up say specifically? Do you have a prepaid or postpaid mobile internet line? If it's postpaid and you had a credit check performed, you should be able to Contact Us and our Care team can look the number up using your SSN! If it's a pay in advance number, do you reload it using the Mobile Internet Management (MIM) website? Is that the password you're referring to when you mention you're entering your "account password" into the pop-up?
                I promise you I'm a real person! And we also have online support teams who have individual account access through Twitter and Facebook (and they're real, too!). We do want to do what we can to help figure this out, but a few more details might help us steer you in the right direction!

• lirivera518

The problem was that I changes my Sprint number and it did not identify the

hotspot. I turned the phone off and have not had any problems ever since.

From now on, I won't have any problems because my nephew gave me a TMobile

cell phone as an advance Mother's Day gift.

Lilliam

• tmo_marissa

Well thank heavens for that sweet nephew! What a lovely gift! I'm glad to hear you've got a solution -- I wish we'd been able to help with the existing phone, but a new phone is awesome in this situation for more reason than one! Thanks for coming back to let us know, and Happy (early) Mother's Day!