Is there anyone at T-Mobile that can help me add a line to my business account?

magenta4393098

I've just sent the past 45 minutes on the phone. I was transferred 8 times in total between consumer and business, and finally grew extremely frustrated and gave up. I have better things to do with my time.

I want to added a line to my business account and get a SIM card. That is it, should be very simple.

All replies

• magenta4393098

If I logon to my T-Mobile account it looks like one of the people ordered a new SIM card for my MAIN line. I don't know what that is about???? I hope my main business Tel # doesn't go dead because they ordered a new SIM card.

This is the order number listed in my account

Your order number is S********

I just want to add a NEW line and a NEW sim card for the NEW line.

*edited to remove personal info - Marissa

• magenta4393098

I tried to call again, and got transferred 4 times, and each time I was told no the next people will be able to help. I was finally sent to T-Mobile @ Work and it's 3pm central time and they have voicemail saying they were closed. Really? You're customer service has some major issues!!!!!!!!

• tmo_marissa

Whoa, magenta4393098, this is absolutely not the way this should have played out for you -- I sincerely apologize. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to exert this level of effort to try to add a line to your account only to ultimately be transferred to the appropriate team and find them closed.
            Do you have a dedicated @Work representative who you're able to reach out to? How are things going with this situation -- are you any closer to a resolution here? I do know that SIMs are shipped unactivated, and can then be assigned to any line, so the good news is that the SIM that was ordered should be able to be activated and used on a new line when you receive it; it doesn't have to be used for your line. I know that doesn't resolve the matter of determining who to contact to get the line added in the first place, though.

While we're not able to make account changes from this public user forum, we are definitely happy to forward feedback regarding this experience. We'd also like to ensure that the matter's being handled for you. Please let us know how you're doing!

• magenta4393098

I never got it resolved after probably 90 minutes of my time. I finally got a call back from somebody on the Executive Response Team in the Office of the President and she got things squared away for me. I should not have had to go that route to purchase an additional line, especially since I added one about two week earlier without much fuss.

I've had many dedicated business sales reps, but it seems to be a high turn over job and currently I am without one. The person I worked with in Executive Response is trying to figure out why I don't have a dedicated rep currently.

In general very disappointed with telephone customer service, activations, and sales. I have have half of my lines with Verizon and have been moving them very slowly, but things like this give me pause.

• tmo_marissa

I'm disappointed as well -- reading that you're not receiving the dedicated care that we intend to provide our valuable business customers is a big let-down. I'm very glad that you were able to get in touch with a member of the Executive Response team -- that's the highest level of support available, and I'm confident that we'll do what's necessary to track down the right person to be your go-to going forward -- but you're right that it shouldn't have gotten to that point.

I hope we're able to make this right and get you hooked up with the appropriate person to ensure that you're not put in a position like this again. @Work plans and business accounts follow some special rules and having a dedicated team to assist/team member who should be able to resolve your concerns is truly designed to provide a "white glove" experience by providing the opportunity to work with someone who is specially trained to support these account types. It doesn't seem like that happened in this situation at all. I'm not personally aware of the turnover in our @Work program, but we appreciate you sharing your experience and impression, and we can pass that on. Thank you again for taking the time to post in our Community, and to follow up and let us know where things stand.