Would Lenovo P2 work? Would VoLTE work?

magenta2254091

Hi all, the antennas in my area changed, and now it's very hard to make (and receive) calls with my old phone, which doesn't have VoLTE. I am thinking about buying an unlocked Lenovo P2 (aka Vibe P2, aka P2A42). Would it work on the network? Would VoLTE work? According to Gsmarena, it doesn't seem to support band 12. My zip code is 02459, and antennas have been "modernized", dropping 3G entirely. It's very hard to get the line on 2G.

Alternatively, what could be a possible dual-sim phone, compatible with VoLTE? Thanks.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Here's one list of phones known to be either compatible or incompatible with T-Mobile band-12 and VoLTE.

Looking at the specs for the P2, it doesn't look like a very good phone for T-Mobile:

GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz

UMTS: 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz

LTE (FDD): Bands 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28

LTE (TDD): Bands 38, 40

The highlighted bands are the ones commonly used* by T-Mobile. Missing are UMTS 1700 and LTE bands 2 & 12.

This would not be my first choice for a phone to use with T-Mobile.

*Only in one market (Myrtle Beach, SC) does T-Mobile have band-5.

• bridger

Re: Would Lenovo P2 work? Would VoLTE work?

T-Mobile put a tower in our area running on Band 12 LTE only.  I got a cheap unlocked Alcatel Pop 4 Plus dual sim phone on Craigslist for 40 bucks and it works great.  I'm trying to get a Kyocera Dura XE (E4710) to work on T-Mobile, but having problems with it.