Samsung On5 Storage

magenta4617197

I have been manually moving apps, photos, and documents from internal storage to my SD card. How do I automate this process on the Samsung On5? I want to take photos and download apps directly onto the SD card. Thanks in advance for your support!

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Samsung On5 Storage

Great questions!

Unfortunately most app developers are going to bar apps from being saved directly to the SD card, that's not controlled by the device manufacturer or the carrier, it's an app developer choice.

Samsung doesn't have any official steps for designating the SD card for primary storage, for whatever reason. It seems people have had mixed results with these steps:

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.

2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.

3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.

4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.

5. Reboot your phone.

• magenta4617197

Thanks for the response. I don't have a three dot menu or the option to Format as Internal. I have the option to Unmount or Format. If I select Format, it will erase all of my data. :-(

• tmo_lauren

Yeah, that seems to be what happens to many

I have found some other forums, even including Samsung, where people have searched for an answer and not really gotten much back or found a conclusive answer. I am going to try our Samsung contact to see if they are able to get a better answer, but I am not sure it's actually possible.

-Lauren

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta4617197!

I just wanted to swing by to let you know that as soon as Lauren is back online next week, she'll pass along any helpful info our Samsung guru was able to give her. Thanks for your patience.