Phone Upgrade

magenta4622117

Hi. I am a loyal customer of T-mobile for the past 10 years.  I have the Simple choice limited plan. If I want to upgrade my device we don't have any option. They are asking us to change the plan to T-Mobile one. This is not a good customer service.  So you don't care about longtime loyal customers. Hope some one look at this issue and change your policies.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Phone Upgrade

T-Mobile really wants to get everyone off the Simple Choice plans because they didn't make enough money on them. The profit margins on T-Mobile One is much better. But you're thinking about this in a very old-fashioned way, where you get a phone for $199.99 if you sign a two-year contract. That's the monster that Simple Choice killed. The phone and plan are separate. You don't even have to go to T-Mobile to buy a new phone. You can buy directly from Apple or Samsung or from 3rd parties. I understand that Motorola is coming out with several phones that support band-71. I'm eagerly awaiting the reviews. My next phone may be a Moto G6. 

• tmo_chris

While there are some promotional offered that require you to be on a T-Mobile One plan to get, we will never take away your ability to upgrade and keep your same plan. Are you simply trying to upgrade your phone or is there a special offer you want to take advantage of?

• magenta4622117

I was thinking of  Buy one get one iphone promotion. But that promtion is only for T-mobile One plan users. If t-mobile is keep on doing like this , there is no reason to stick with t-mobile going forward. 

• tmo_amanda

Happy Monday, magenta4622117!

A decade is a long time to spend with a wireless carrier and we truly want you to feel important to us! When is the last time you upgraded your phone? Is there a specific phone you have in mind? We're happy to explore options with you.

• magenta4622117

I am looking to upgrade to iphone.  I never seen any promotion for  Simple choice limited plan users. Whenever i called to upgrade my phone to iPhone. the reps simply tells you are not on the T-mobile one plan , so you have to buy full price if you want an iphone. Most of the time i used to think why i am still sticking with t-mobile if they dont care about people like me.

• tmo_chris

So some promotions like BOGOs or extra trade-in credit deals may require a plan change but you should always be able to upgrade your phone and not have to change your plan. It might just have to be a standard upgrade but we are not going to prevent you from getting a new phone.