No data

mv8167

I have 4 gig/month data and thought Oi used it. At work I went to look at my home email, no data connection.

I logged into TMobile and I am setup correctly, but my phone still does not connect to data.

I turned off wi-fi data and made sure my data is on/off/on. Still no data.

I had another co-worker check out my phone, but everything looks good to the Geek.

Now what? Can T-Mobile check why I can only connect at my home wi-fi and not my data source?.

Mike vR

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: No data

Hi, Mike! No data when you're paying for a data plan is no good! What kind of phone are you using, and did you just activate it? Did data work previously with this phone/SIM combo or did you just suddenly start having trouble? We're happy to try to narrow down what's going on, but a few details would help!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • mv8167

I have a Samsung 3. I don't use it much but at home so I guess it was connected to my home WIFI. I activated my phone in store last December so I thought it worked. I just don't us it a lot. My kids bumped me p from a flip phone. The phone works fine for my needs.

I went online to see my data is active and that my phone settings are good too. But if ?I access Google, I get the message "can't reach your feed at the moment, content was updated 2 days ago".

My phone an d texting work. Just no data

thx for any ideas.

Mike

• tmo_amanda

Hey, Mike!

You mentioned you have a “Samsung 3”. Do you mean a Samsung Galaxy S3? Since it’s just data that isn’t working, there are a few phone settings you can check (your co-worker might have already checked these), but I have a hunch that it’s account related. Let's start by checking your phone. Try following these steps to make sure mobile data is enabled:

Turn on / off mobile data

1. From the Apps screen, tap Settings.
            2. Tap Connections.
            3. Tap Mobile networks.
            4. Tap Mobile data to turn on or off.
            5. Tap the check mark to confirm.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to Contact Us and can do so either via 611 or T-Force (our social media care team) on Facebook or Twitter. Please keep us updated on your data situation!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • tmo_mike_c

Hi!

Have you been able to get in touch with our T-Force team to get this resolved? Please let us know. Thanks.

• mv8167

Still no data. my phone only updates when I am at home using our WIFI.

What number do I call?

Mike