Samsung S8 Active DeX

bradgrant

Samsung's official docs and specifications say that the S8 Active does work with DeX and is compatible. However, after having a rep actually contact Samsung and the rep filed their own report about it. The specifications are misleading. No DeX station is compatible with the S8 Active even though the S8 Active says it is compatible with DeX. I have seen very little about this situation but the phone will not be supported by Samsung for DeX currently. It is a featured specification for the phone but Samsung made no equipment to use the specification. This should be known and is very important! Even the rep themselves got into with Samsung and is sending the conversation to technical or whoever to have it looked at because they said it was obvious very misleading for them to have the specification that it was a feature and compatible yet has absolutely no supporting equipment.

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: Samsung S8 Active DeX

Thanks for letting the community know. Unfortunately I don't know if we will be able to help you much on this form as this is not a T-mobile product. Working with Samsung is the best thing you can do for your issue and I think you made the right call by getting in touch with them. Maybe another user can help though as a variety of users use the form and I just wanted to express my thanks for sharing despite the unfortunate news.

• bradgrant

Re: Samsung S8 Active DeX

Samsung never released any equipment that will work for DeX. However, I did get it to work using a USB extension and a wireless charger with logitech unifying wireless USB for keyboard and mouse. It definitely does work but there is no equipment but the equipment can be rigged up to work pretty easy.