Slow speeds on new Pixel 2

lilfett

Hello,

I've only had this Pixel 2 for a couple weeks, but i'm pretty sure it's not working properly with your network in Seattle. Here are some speedtest results:

I saw on a similar thread that you wanted some info from LTE Discovery as well.

Any help is appreciated!

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Slow speeds on new Pixel 2

Wow! LTE Discovery thinks it's on band-3? That's a hard one to sort out.

Otherwise it looks like congesting. Suggest you retest at 2 AM and see if there's a difference.

• lilfett

I tried looking that up earlier as well and found this:
            https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/89wftc/band_3_what/

which says it's really trying to tell me I'm on 66?

• dragon1562

For me the pics did not load but I doubt you are on band 66 since that has a very short range unless your in a really densely populated area. I suggest doing what drnewcomb2 said and seeing if the speeds are better at other hours. Maybe check APN settings as well and try forcing a fresh connection to the network to find a better signal.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • drnewcomb2

T-Mobile has started transmitting a band 4/66 LTE MFBI. They don't actually have an AWS-3 license in King Co. but they do in Callam, Island, Jefferson, San Juan and Skagit Counties.

The Pixel 2 has 3-way CA (Carrier Aggregation), So, you should be wringing all the available "goodie" out of bands 2, 4/66, & 12

Yours is not the first complaint about congestion in the Seattle market. Until T-Mobile rolls out 600 MHz and LAA (band 46) in that market, there's not a lot they can do.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • tmo_mike_c

Hey there.

Just checking to see if you're speeds have improved. If you still need some help, please try checking the settings as suggested above, then giving it another shot.

• tmo_mike_c

Hello again.

Have you seen any positive change in the speeds? Please let us know if you've double checked the settings as suggested above and if you've seen any improvements. Thanks.

• lilfett

Mike - thanks for checking back with me!

I'm not sure what settings you're referring to here? I didn't really see any suggestions in this thread yet but I am open to them.

After more testing, it looks like the super slow speeds are limited to the building I work in, pretty much 9-5 every day. I could also swear it's faster when i'm in the lobby than when I'm on the 22nd floor where I work, but i need to check that out again...