Service Access Denied

esim2016

I just tried texting a short code, and received the text "Service access denied". Not sure why that has happened, but it's been like that for a while now. How do I get this fixed?

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: Service Access Denied

What phone are you using? What was the code? What are you trying to do? Its possible that OEM has restricted you from accessing whatever it is or the code may not be right for the device. Anyway not enough information to give you a accurate answer. Atleast when I read this.

• esim2016

It was a code to sign up for tickets to a comedy show (555-888). Even when I need a code sent to me to log into an account, the code never comes through on my phone. I have an iPhone 8 Plus, and it's happened with all my phones which lately have been iPhones. I used to have 3rd party messaging blocked a long time ago, but it hasn't been blocked in a very long time. If I try to sign up for like an extra 10% off at stores with their text codes, it never goes through and I always get the Service Access Denied message.

• dragon1562

Ok I have a better understanding now. So it is not a short code issue but a issue with SMS not being received. Did you say this was only happening on iPhones if this is the case I would contact Apple care as they would be more qualified to get this resolved because the thing I would suggest doing is ether putting it into safe mode or setting it up as a new device to see if that fixes the issue.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • esim2016

I'm not sure if it's just iPhones, but that's the only phone I've had where I've noticed the problem. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try those, and if they don't work I'll contact Apple Care.

• tmo_amanda

Hi, esim2016!

Did you already contact Apple? If so, were they able to get the short codes fixed? I know you mentioned that you used to have third-party messaging blocked previously but you may also have a "content block" on your account. If working with Apple didn't do the trick, I recommend getting in contact with T-Force via Facebook or Twitter to have them look over your account to see if it's something on our end.

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there!

Just checking in to see if this was resolved for you. Please reply back and keep us posted.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey again.

We wanted to make sure this was resolve. Please keep us posted on this. Thanks.