Branched to a new discussion.

No note 8 update yet

magenta4578207

I mean really note 8 oreo updates has rolled out for everyone but me seems like.. what's going on anyone else with this problem?

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: No note 8 update yet

The update just started hitting the USA maybe like a week ago. You should have it soon once T-mobile has time to look it over. Just manually check for the update once a day and be patient as its not a issue per say. It will probably be baked in with the March security patch and hit you soon.

• muerate

Its April 12th still no fricken update like wtf how come everyone at ATT has it everyone at Verizon but T mobile is suking d$#k seriously  so pissed off!

• snailsamsung

4/13 and no Oreo update for my device. Many of my friends with Note 8 on Tmobile already got the update.

Boy this is the first and last Samsung device for me. I hate these delays in major updates. Its over half a year and many major players have already rolled out updates. It's not like Samsung has tons of different devices with hardware variances that it takes so long to roll out new Android versions. Even the security updates are several months behind. I am pretty sure customers paying almost a grand want updates quicker than after 6 months of their releases.In fact, Samsung removed so many camera features from Note 8 than previous versions. So now you are ending up paying more for less and slower updates.

Next phone is Pixel or whoever with better camera and quicker updates.

• magenta4578427

The update dropped in August 2017.. tmobile fully dropped it on the note sunday.. I don't have it myself waiting until March is pointless when android p will release soon -__-

• dragon1562

This is a Samsung issue not T-mobile also your dates are messed up the note 8 just now started getting Oreo not that long ago. Samsung as well as other OEMs are always behind although Samsung is the worst. If you want the latest version of android and regular updates you should buy the Pixel.

• magenta4578733

April 5th and nothing. Even unlocked devices are starting to get the update.   

• magenta4578427

Do your research it dropped in August2017 pixels were shipped with it. like I said t mobile got it Sunday for the note 8 finally. I know my facts. It's a carrier thing not a manufacture issues. Your carrier  pushes it out to your device not samsung! Bottom line it was released fully finally on the note 8 with t mobile so all users should have it there's no excuse for delays or whatever excuses. Spare me... At&t users were first followed by Verizon and Sprint then finally tmobile. U get what u pay for tho so personally unless you want to force it thru using Samsung kies or something we just have to wait on our carrier to send it thru when ever that is and that's sad service..

• dragon1562

I do my research if you read your comment that I responded to you would realize that you made no mention to the Note "The update dropped in August 2017.. tmobile fully dropped it on the note sunday.. I don't have it myself waiting until March is pointless when android p will release soon -__-" So i read it based of the discussion that you referring to it. I know AT&T got it first but guess what Samsung has to actually roll  out the update so blame Samsung then when the carriers get it they look it over which typically takes 2 weeks to ensure it works with their firmware for the network. I am no excusing anything and it is a fact. In fact if you wanna bring up update history across carriers you would know that AT&T traditionally has been the worst.

You would also know that the carriers actually end up rolling out the updates before their unlocked counterparts typically when it comes to Samsung with the note being a exception so its not sad service in my humble opinion and thus the blame goes back to Samsung. As I said if you don't like how updates work buy a pixel and you get updates directly from Google. Which I should add Google also rolls out there updates in batches. The only company that I know of that doesn't is Apple.

• magenta4578207

If we wanted a pixel we would of bought one in the first place.. we just want our updates to be on time and to receive them when everyone else does..

• androidz32015

Not sure if you got my last post, using my samsung tab 3.... Samsung lol. Anyways I did get my Oreo on the first of April Easter Sunday night around 10 pm, but the update worked great till Friday the 6th, now my battery is draining in 6 hours from constantly rebooting, no wifi access or Bluetooth or display issues, the list goes on, I was on Android 7.1.1 since August 25th last year and never a issue nothing!!!!!! Till Oreo 6 DAYS into it, t mobile takes forever to test this update supposedly and Samsung that's why we wait so long, ya a long wait and nearly kills my note 8 on Oreo 8.0, some supposed tested update?? I did a factory restore and tried Samsung smart switch, that failed, so I called Samsung and t mobile and t mobile was no help at all, so Samsung ran my SERIAL and IMEI numbers and somehow dud see it's a faulty download or something, so thanks to Samsung good and kind on their part they offered me to send my t mobile note 8 and in return send me a factory unlocked note 8 new in a box sealed since my note 8 was in warranty still. So do yourself the nightmare DO NOT UPDATE TO OREO!!!!! SAMSUNG EVEN SAID THEY PERSONALLY WILL INSTALL THE OREO FOR ME AND TEST TO INSURE NO ISSUES, T MOBILE WOULD NOT DO THIS...

• spuds1701

4/6 tmobile note 8 still not seeing the update. Any idea when this is going to hit all Note 8 ?

• arkansasrebel

I got mine Monday morning on my Note8.

• memba911

They probably only allow certain regions to download the update and block out the other regions as to lessen congestion on the server.  I'm in NJ and still show no signs of the update.

• bunnyechos

04/06 - It's Friday and no update for the Note 8.  I tried both OTA and Samsung Smart Switch y nada!  C'mon T-Mobile, push-it already.

(Los Angeles, CA)

• magenta52800

Hello!

I got Note 8 yesterday and received all T-Mobile updates for Nougat 7.1.1  However, I haven’t seen Oreo 8.0 come through yet either.   Yes, I have tried manually update too.  

• magenta4578733

April 6th and counting. No update for my Note 8 TMobile? What gives? Get on with it guys!

• newyorksteelo

I live in NYC and its April 7th and still no Oreo update for me. This sucks!

• magenta4578733

In Texas, nothing here. Tech Support has no clue. New to TMobile and this is the WORST update roll out ever! They want me to do a side USB load. Should not have to. TMobile get your act together!

• androidz32015

You don't want the note 8 oreo update mine updated April first as said but it nearly killed my note 8 battery life killed wifi issues Bluetooth issues, camera etc. Dont update.

• magenta4578733

1 week later, April 8, and no Oreo available via OTA update or via Smart Switch. TMobile, you took the longest of any carrier to even launch the update and now the most unusual slow roll-out I've have ever seen. Really poor. And yes, I do see the response about the havoc Oreo unleashed. Luck of the draw and many factors that could have caused this. Lots of folks saying it works well. Would like to get it soon.

• magenta4602665

No update here, either OTA or through SmartSwitch, I am kinda disappointed about this as I was looking forward to the newer features that Oreo has.

• dfreezy

STILL no update! The worst part is I totally prepared for it a week ago and uninstalled all my substratum layers and theming engine stuff so I've had to deal with this horribly un-themed UI while I continue to wait!

• jdjung

I have no update to in Los Angeles.

• turtlesgalexy

ooooffff its taking forever..... east coast no update yet my grandsons will have to be born and carry on because i might not live that long to receive it

• redeli

Still no update yet pretty mad that it's been over a week since tmobile has claimed for it to be available.. get you stuff together tmobile!!!

• dfreezy

I'm beginning to think it is a problem specific to my device or software

environment.  I was told that the update was complete, and it says on

t-mobile website 'complete', and support just says to make sure you have

50% battery and free space available, so not really any help at all.  I

think they will be starting the s8 rollout soon also, hopefully we don't

get left behind. I haven't paid my phone off yet so I can't install it

using Odin either.

• magenta4578427

Looks like an April fools jokes towards us! Couldn' have picked a better day to release the update. Honestly F* it, the whole experience ruined at this point. No point in talking about, its all lame excuses, with no solutions but to wait -__- yea ok. Bet you won't wait on that payment when my bill due.. yeaa so f* it I don' have anything else to say about it.

• muerate

Agreed If i can't get Oreo8.0 I want my Bill  partially refunded as I am not getting full functionality of my phone.  Should file class action lawsuit for false advertisement as your website says Oreo 8.0 rolled or April 1 so what gives

• dragon1562

Well technically speaking you are getting the full functionality from your phone. This update really doesn't do the things you think it will for the device. Just try restarting the phone and checking for the updates. T-mobile usually releases updates like this one along side security patches. Also I have a friend with a Note 8 on T-mobile and he was able to install the update himself. Which is a option if you hate waiting.

• snailsamsung

I have tried rebooting and checking for updates, tried using Smart Switch app but nothing was successful. How was your friend able to make the update himself?dragon1562

• ravage007

how did your friend get it

• dragon1562

I don't know the details but he used something called Odin. I don't know really when it comes to updating my devices I'm pretty lazy and just wait for the OTA but he basically just installed it himself.

• dfreezy

You can only use Odin is your device is unlocked, meaning paid off and

unlocked from t-mobile or if you bought it unlocked.  For those of us still

paying off our phones there are no ways to use Odin to get the update.  I'm

not sure why they are taking this long, and am starting to wonder if it is

something installed on the phone holding it up, or possibly even malware.

Do any of you still waiting have theming engines installed or launchers by

chance?  I have tried uninstalling substratum and tring to update but still

just getting the increasingly irritating false message,

"Your device is up to date."

NOOOOO!  Seriously it's NOT!

Trying to be patient though, should be next week I'd imagine.

• handymagenta

Odin can only be used on rooted Android device. Rooting the device will

void the warranty, don't do that!

One of the customer representative suggested to do factory reset, and then

update to Oreo.. did anyone has done that? And what was the result? I just

don't have time to re log in my accounts and set them up again, if I do

factory reset. Unless I have to, I would rather wait.

Please let me know if anyone has luck with the update, after factory reset.

Thanks.

• magenta1663090

After many call to customer support getting nowhere.. I finally got someone who looked into it with great detail. She said we are all scheduled to get it on April 20th. I think it may have been stopped to deal with some issued it had.

• magenta4578733

This is good info, as there was at least one report in this thread of a Note 8 owner who had big time issues with the roll-out. So, delaying further might be true. Who told you this from T-Mo.  Also, should note that all the other carriers have completed their roll-outs. Not sure if they have users who didn't get it as well, but would think it is difficult to botch the roll-out, meaning, Samsung sends the files, the carrier tests it, etc. The only difference is perhaps GSM vs CDMA networks, but a Note 8 is a Note 8 for the most part in the US. Usually the same chips and processors, etc. Anyway, if it is the 20th then so be it! Maybe I will stop checking manual updates every hour now. LOL!  If the 20th comes and goes and no updates that will be very disappointing not because of the information you provided, rather 19 days out from the announcement on April 1st. I actually had a customer service rep tell me that a roll-out could take weeks even months! Don't know what that guy is smoking?

• dfreezy

yeah, i got similar info after many tried. they said everyone should get it

within 3 weeks.

• dragon1562

Its been awhile since I posted here but I wanted to say that my mom has the Note 8 for AT&T and took about a week for it to show up on her phone even though it was "officially released". Just be patient you will get the update and this really is not that unexpected when it comes to any of the carriers. T-mobile probably has there reasons for why it is taking so long.

• paki8714

Well it all depends on the baseband you have. If you have baseband

N950USQU3CRC2 you should have got the update, but if you have

Baseband version: N950USQU3BRA9 then there is no update to oreo yet. Does not depend on your region.

• agtobod3500

But why is that why can I manually get it thru settings nor can I get it on smart switch... I'm just like man is it really that hard to have the option in your my t mobile ccount to get the update from them

• magenta4578733

Huh? Where did you get this information from? The basebands you refer to are linked to the Android version, i.e. 7.1.1

N950USQU3CRC2 is the baseband for OREO 8.0.  N950USQU3BRA9 is the baseband for 7.1.1

You got some bad intell.  

• newyorksteelo

Yes. Great info by everyone. Dissapointed to not have the update yet, but glad to see I am not the only one and that people are sharing this much needed info here in this forum. If the 20th comes and goes and no update shows up, not too sure I would want to stay loyal to T-Mobile, considering every other carrier has rolled out the update and were still here scratching our heads without word from T-Mobile themselves as to when the update will come.

• ravage007

it's not really T-Mobile's fault I actually have a few friends on other networks that haven't got the update yet the updates approved because another member in my family has the update on T-Mobile Samsung is slow to release the update according to your baseband version # although I wish the people could just wait for the OTA update that want to wait why the people that want it now can go and get Samsung switch on their computer and update now like you could with the Note 5

• magenta4578733

April 20th and still no Oreo for my Note 8!

Wow!

• muerate

This is bullshi now everyone else has it I'm about go Costa v Rica  14th may all iknow it better be out soon or ill be asking for credit

• dfreezy

yeah I still don't have ti either. I'm pretty sure by now that it is

problem with individual device configurations that is blocking the update.

I was told by t-mobile the update should have been complete by the end of

this week, and probably has been done for some time.  I really don't want

to do a factory reset, which is the only thing they are suggesting to try,

but soon we will start to lose support and have problems with apps if we

don't update as well as the security implications.  I guess reset is the

way to go. has anyone successfully got the update by doing a reset? Has

anyone got the update in the last few days? I imagine if people got it they

will not be back here, so tough to say whats really going on.

• dfreezy

Awesome, thanks for confirming that. That was the last shred of hope as far as it being something we can change ourselves.  I had previously thought it might have been something on specific devices that might have been blocking the update, like theming engines or other non-root loaders and mods, or even some app, and in fact some t-mobile and forum friends suggested that could be the case, but now you are the second person I've come across that was also unable to get the update with a brand new phone as well, so that eliminates that as well.  I figured a reset would be futile as well. Thanks for the info, at least we know there is nothing we can do.

wait let me check one more time...

"Your device is up to date"

No, no..  it's NOT up to date!

ok well maybe I should just try Smart switch maybe it will work? haha

• jlang11

Just got my Note 8 yesterday and no Oreo. A few security updates, but no O.

• handymagenta

Actually, I got the note8 warranty replacement because of this lousy Oreo

update, but the Tmobile store suggested waiting for 2more weeks, since the

store manager has also Note8 and still on 7.1.1. Not worth it, exchanging

my original note 8 with 'new' (refurbished), he said. The replacement is

very likely still on 7.1.1.

If anyone got the oreo already, please write here, and tell us how you got

it.

• magenta52800

When it comes to Software updates, they are issued by the manufacturer of the phone. So Samsung is sending them out. I wish I had more information as to when, because I myself have been going to settings> updates> and checking it manually almost everyday.