Bad customer support --- help

aspector1

I had extensive roaming charges when a tower from a different country hijacked my line. This tower was not part of the T-Mobile international coverage. When called T-Mobile support I was told ‘do not wary” , but later on I was unable to successfully dispute charges. The experience with T-Mobil customer support was dreadful to say at least.  After being a loyal customer many years I will transfer somewhere else.

Does anyone have a similar experience?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Bad customer support --- help

Oh boy. Being surprised with charges is no good at all but I do want to get you help with this. I'm curious, were you near an international border at some point when you were using your service? Have you seen the phone switch over to another carrier at all? We appreciate your loyalty and sorry for the questions, but I  do wanna help get to the bottom of this.

• magenta3706212

I am t-mobile one customer for last 18 months and never had any problems till February.  Since March one of my lines is showing international calls (calls to India on roaming). I have stateside international plan on this line which offers free India calls. During the last 2 months we have not moved out of Atlanta , Georgia, so not sure how these can be roaming charges. Going by the call logs it is mentioned that one call is from Suriname, other from Sweden, some from Singapore and Solomon islands, within the span of 2-3 days. Its humanly not possible to travel 3 continents in a span of 8-10 hrs. I have been talking to customer service and disputed the charges, my payment was reverted by the supervisor, I was told that i will receive a call back when the inquiry is finished, I waited for this long, in between I called back and was told that customer service left a voice message for me which I never got, again I requested for a call back , giving alternate numbers but till date have not got any response. This month bill came  today with all the previous charges and I am not sure whom to reach out to get this fixed. Any help will be much appreciated.

• aspector1

I appreciate if you can help me. Please advise- TX

• aspector1

Mike thank you.  Yes I appropriate our help. Can you please advise?

• dragon1562

I have never had a issue with roaming and i have done this now in 9 different countries. I am curious as to where you were located as well and what plan you have?

• tmo_amanda

Hey, aspector1!

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you've had a chance to look over Mike's reply. Were you near the Mexican or Canadian border that you were charged for roaming? We may be able to investigate which tower you were roaming on and verify that you were in fact in the U.S. vs a different country. Also, has something like this happened before or is this the first time?

magenta3706212, that's super weird that your phone is showing outgoing calls to India while roaming in a different country. Is a third-party app being used? Do you have DIGITS added to your account? I'm sure this is causing a decent amount in charges and our teams need to get to the bottom of why this is happening. It's also worth a shot to work with T-Force via Facebook or Twitter. You may receive a faster response going that route.

• aspector1

Hi Amanda, I replied to your email....not sure why it is not posted

• aspector1

My daughter was going to Israel. Before she left I contacted T Mobile and they confirmed there would be no data roaming charges while she is in Israel. One day while my daughter was in Israel she received an alert that she was "roaming in Jordan". I immediately contacted T Mobile and was told to "ignore it, there are no roaming charges in Israel."  I now received over 700 dollars in roaming fees. I contacted T Mobile and told them the day and time that their representative told me to "ignore the alert" . They said it is impossible for them to confirm someone told me that because they can not pull that call record. I was asked if I could prove she was not in Jordan and I said absolutely, I will send you a copy of her passport. But then they changed their story again and told me I am responsible for the fees. I confirmed with them prior to her trip and during her trip. If I can not count on what tmobile reps tell me, how can I be responsible for these fees?

• miket

Usually (always) each time you enter a new country you get a text.

If you are entering a TM "free"  roaming country the text will tell you that voice costs 20cents/min, data is unlim etc. 

If you enter a country that is NOT a TM free roam country you get a warning - like you got.

Most TM low level support people have never crossed an intl border.  They should be instructed NOT to give any help concerning anything intl.

We have been in 14 TM "free" roam countries.  The only time we picked  up a cross-border signal was when in Romania,10-15 miles from Ukraine border.  Since Ukraine is also a "free" country, didn't worry about it.

When in a non TM country like Myanmar (Burma) - turned off data roaming, bought a cheap data SIM to put into an extra phone we carry - and tethered our regular TM phones to that.

I don't know if you can restrict any phone from jumping to a diff. carrier w.o. permission.