Missing SMS - Galaxy S7 Edge

jared_herx

Hello! Hoping someone from Tmobile can help troubhleshoot my account on this one.

Hello! I recently unlocked my S7 Edge (originally ATT) and switched to Tmobile. Great experience so far except, for the first time ever, I'm missing various SMS and MMS messages. So far, after searching around, I've - ensured APN settings are okay (and the rest of the features, voice, data, etc all working great) and took Android messages out of the automatic sleep function in the battery management section.

Additional info: I use android Messages for SMS/MMS and have always used this without missing messages back when I was on ATT. I switched to the regular Samsung messages app today and had the same exact problem (missing multiple text messages). I can provide examples of exact messages that I've missed.

Are my SMS/MMS being routed correctly?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Missing SMS - Galaxy S7 Edge

Hi there and thanks for switching! Sorry you're having trouble be we do wanna make sure we get those messages to come through. Have you noticed this happening with a specific number or numbers? Are you connected to T-Mobile's network or a personal Wi-Fi connection when this happens? Does your phone have solid signal, or do you see fluctuations? Please let us know so we can pinpoint what's going on and help get this resolved. Thanks!

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see if you still needed any help with this. Please let us know.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, jared_herx !

I wanted to stop by one more time to see if you're still having issues with disappearing texts on your S7 Edge. If you are, please take a look at Mike’s questions about and get back to us with the answers so we can get to the bottom of why this is happening.  

• c0urtness

I'm having the exact same problem.  I switched from AT&T back in October 2017 and brought my Galaxy S7 Edge over to T-Mobile.  I use the Android Messages app and over the last week my phone has not received several messages from people.  I turned my wifi off a few days ago to see if that made a difference, as well as restarting my phone at least 6 times.  Nothing has worked and I'm not receiving certain texts as recent as last night. 

• magenta2476213

According to my call to tmobile, this is a known issue. I was able to fix it by turning power saving completely off. Also, as you mentioned, disable any battery optimization for the messaging app you are using. Perhaps this will be fixed with Oreo update.  When is that coming out Samsung/T-Mobile?