Need help with Digits.

jjoffer

So I'm having 2 issuis that are driving me crazy.

1: When Digits is in "data mode" randomly I can't hear the person on the other side. I have to then switch back to "use minutes and data" to hear them. Making it really inconvenient and irritating for both me and my clients.

2: Now when I'm in "use minutes and data" mode the app won't tell me which of my numbers are being called until after the call is missed and it will notify me.

I really need a fix for this ASAP because I use digits for my business. It makes me look bad having to apologize for my orpo phone service. PLEASE HELP!

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Need help with Digits.

These are definitely some annoying issues! What kind of phone are you using and what is displayed on your phone when you receive a call to your DIGITS virtual line (not the main SIM line)?

• debjitjdv

jjoffer

Pardon me, when you are in Minutes and Data Mode, do you receive calls or no calls at all? And if you receive calls, then it does not show that it is coming to your business number? Did I understand it correctly? There is a known race away condition issue between the DIGITS app and the native dialer of the phone that causes this issue. As tmo_chris suggested please suggest us your phone type (Android/iPhone), phone OS, DIGITS version. There may be some way around that we can suggest.

When you are in Data Only mode, the call quality heavily depends on LTE connectivity. Either you can switch to wifi or if LTE drops, call quality will worsen. Looking forward to working with you on this issue.

• jjoffer

In data mode I still receive calls like normal and it tells me it is from my business line. When Digits is put into minutes and data mode the phone dialer won't tell me which number is being called but sometimes it will so it's just random. Just to note I understand the difference between the modes as one used the Digits dialer and the other uses the phones built-in dialer. My phone is a Note 8 as well.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there!

Just checking to see if you've tried the steps above to see if they helped out. Please let us know. Thanks!

• jjoffer

Nothing so far has helped, I'm still having the same problem.

• debjitjdv

jjoffer

I appreciate your understanding. But as far as I know, there is no switch between 'Data Mode' and 'Minutes and Data Mode' in the in-built DIGITS aka Multi-line settings in Samsung Note 8. Of course, it has to be a T-Mo branded device. The usual unlocked Samsung Note 8 wont have multi-line settings. If you are using Multi-line settings available under Settings->Clouds and Accounts, I am not sure how you have these two modes and why its not showing the called line.

But of course if you are using the DIGITS app, then this issue will be there as there is a race condition between the native dialer and the DIGITS dialer to capture the incoming call which the engineers have not figured out a way to handle. Are you sure you have tried in-built Multi-line settings?

• tmo_amanda

Hi, jjoffer!

I wanted to swing by to see how DIGITS is functioning for you.  Did the info that debjitjdv share with you a few days ago answer your questions? Please let us know if you're still having issues with DIGITS.

• tmo_amanda

Happy Monday, jjoffer!

I'm just stopping by to see if you're still having issues with DIGITS. If so, please take a look at the previous reply to see if that answers your questions.