T Mobile rebate lie

magenta4581055

I was promised a rebate of $350 for a BOGO offer. Now they are telling me that I do not qualify      

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: T Mobile rebate lie

Well that is no good! What is the specific reason you are being told you don't qualify? Also, what specific phone was this a BoGo for?

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there. We do wanna help sort this out if we can. What was this BOGO offer for? Please let us know. Thanks.

• magenta4581055

Hello I have been a Tmobile prepaid customer for several years and had a

Note 5 with no issues. Until back in February 2018 I went to the store

because I wanted to buy the Galaxy Note 8 for the full price... The sales

associate told me that it would be better if I switched over to the jump on

demand plan as it had several benefits and was more like a reward for being

a "valuable customer" that I would just have to pay $130 to be able to take

the phone with me and $30 every month for the phone plus $70 for my plan.

Then she told me if I wanted a 2nd line and switched over from a different

carrier the other phone would be free so this was a BOGO offer. My husband

had Metro PCS and we thought it would be a great idea to switch over to

Tmobile and get the free phone!!! So we had to call Metro PCS from the

store so we could get the account information and switch it over to

Tmobile! When we were checking out for the "free phone" they told me it

would be a total of $350 I had to pay then and there, When they told me

that , I had no other choice because the phone number had already been

ported from Metro pcs. They told me not to worry because I would be getting

that money back within 6-8 weeks soooo I was ok with that because I was

counting on getting that money back. When I checked the status of my rebate

I was told it had been denied due to me having the jump on demand plan...

That is not fair I was lied by Tmobile I was really expecting to get my

money back and they do this to me?? Now I just feel like canceling the

service but then I am going to loose the money I paid     . I can not

beleive how I never had an issue with tmobile until I was lied to and

switched over to jump on demand!!

• tmo_mike_c

Oh man, that's no good. I appreciate you coming back and giving us a breakdown of what happened. Not that you should have to, but have you spoken with the store rep that said they'd set you up with the promo to revisit what was discussed? There may be a chance for us to look at this further for you to see if more can be done to help. You could try reaching out to our T-Force team using the Facebook or Twitter links in my badge or our Contact Us page. They do have account access and and pull up the notes on your account to go over what was discussed, and see if they can help further. I totally want you to be able to take advantage of the offer and having our T-Force team take another look at this for you is worth a shot.