2 of 2 people found this helpful
This is a well know issue with Samsungs most recent version of its OS with notification problems. Below I have posted the two solutions that generally fix it. The master reset will make you lose everything so use it as a last resort but the cache partition wipe should do nothing to normal storage.Hope this helps
You have two choices to fix this. One is a factory reset the other method that has seemed to work for many I will paste below.
- Go to Setting -> Apps, click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select "Show system apps"
- Scroll down and click on "BadgeProvider" app
- In app properties, click on "Storage", clear both the Cache and Data.
- Shut down the phone and following the directions below to "wipe cache partition".
Wipe cache partition
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Just tried it. Thanks!
Not sure if it worked but at least I know a factory reset is an option!
1 of 1 people found this helpful
No problem. If you do decide to factory reset I recommend backing up everything with Samsung Kies to your PC as well as to the cloud. Also don't immediately restore thing. Hoping the wiping the cache suffices till Samsung rolls out a update to fix this.
Are things still working for you? Please let us know.
Awesome! I'm so glad that worked out for you!
I'm having an issue with not receiving text delivery receipts. Is this issue also caused by the latest\current Android 8.0 firmware?
I have already performed a factory reset and I've also tried the Cache Wipe. And yes, delivery receipts is enabled.
I am having this issue. It only started within the last few days. I have cleared the cache and data on the badgeprovider app and wiped the cache partition two times and this is still happening.
Please help this is driving me crazy.
Hello i tried these steps and still no message tone when getting a text message
Samsung said they are working on getting this feature back into the CONTACTS APP,
just like before, you click on contacts, edit, add more fields, message tones, we are still waiting,
Let's put some pressure on Samsung to put the feature back into CONTACTS.