April 2, 2018 service outage?

magenta4549825

My phone has not worked since last night. I have an old Samsung flip phone and on the screen it states there is no service. When attempting to make a call, I get a message "Emergency Calls Only".  What's up? I saw outage maps for all major cell phone companies. I tried using the messaging service, but that didn't work.

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: April 2, 2018 service outage?

If there is a service outage than you should call in to support and report it so it gets resolved. The best way to know is to speak with your local T-mobile retail store or someone else with T-mobile service. Its possible that upgrades are going on/ If it is the usual site you connect to and because you have a old phone you may not be able to connect to other forms of coverage. Most of T-mobiles network is now on LTE. Edge(2g) is a very old cellular technology that is being phased out by all the carriers. AT&T has made alot of progress on this, T-mobile I believe said they would do so in 2020 but don't hold me on that date.

The emergency call thing just means you can still call 911. Its something that all devices do even without a sim. They will connect to any signal, even if it is from another network in the event of a emergency. Hope the info helped.

• magenta4549825

I have a Samsung SGH-T139 phone and I'm on a Pay As You Go - Legacy plan where I pay about $125 a year for 1000 minutes, something like that. I can't call T-Mobile since my phone is not working and the Messaging system on My T-Mobile always says my session has expired. My account is active and is not scheduled to be updated until September.  On My T-Mobile my phone is listed as an Unknown Device. It seems to me that contacting Support through chat or email is not an option here, or am I wrong? One day the phone works, the next it doesn't, without warning.

• dragon1562

You can definently reach out to the care team by messaging them. They can be reached over Facebook or Twitter. I will link the contact page so you can see all your options. Also I was not referring to your account be updated but a physical cell site. As far as the device being unknown, that is normal when it is a unlocked device.Contact Us

• magenta4549825

I don't use social media and the Messaging system does not work.