Unlock App Does Not Work

magenta4487490

I am eligible for a permanent device unlock on my Samsung J3. But your Unlock App just keeps saying "Unlock Failed"

According to your website if the unlock app doesn't work, all I need to do is call Customer Service for an unlock code. But when I call they confirm I am supposed to be eligible and then just play dumb saying the app "should" work and that there are no such things as unlock codes anymore.

I have been banging my fists against the walls of your so called customer service team Since March 17. Each time I call they tell me they will definitely get someone to look at this from various fake 'back office teams' and I just need to wait 72 hours for a response. After 72 hours when I call back they say the previous rep sent a form to the wrong fake 'back office team' and they are going to send the right form to the right fake 'back office team' and I have to wait another 72 hours. Then the nonsense repeats as they make up yet another fake 'back office team' to send my issue to for 72 more hours. None of these fake 'back office teams' have ever replied to any of these fake tickets even though its now been 410 hours since the first 72 hour team was supposed to fix this.

I've talked to over 15 reps and 4 supposed managers. They keep saying its escalated to this team or that team but no one is actually doing anything.

I've been told I was getting an actual manager call back twice now and those fake managers have also not contacted me.

Your app is broken garbage and deserves its 2/5 rating on google play.

Your customer service deserves 0/5 stars. You apparently don't employ one person interested in taking ownership of a clients issue.

I just want my unlock code.

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: Unlock App Does Not Work

Hey sorry that you have had this experience. I have also had issues in the past. When the unlock process fails on the app does it give a error message or anything specific besides saying that it failed? Have you tried processing the unlock from your account. There are people that can help you because in a previous thread I had to get my phones IMEI whitelisted because it was not in the system. It was a S8 if you were curious. Also I am sure you checked already but just in case I want to make sure you meet all the requirements for the sake of being thorough. You will probably still need to contact T-mobile on this one though and if over the phone is not going well I would try the T-force team on social media. Here is the contact info page as well. Contact Us

Unlock your mobile wireless device

Unlock requirements

We provide mobile device unlock codes free within two business days (or provide further information about timing) for eligible devices.

Device eligibility is determined as follows:

• The device must be a T-Mobile device.
        • The device must not be reported to T-Mobile as lost, stolen, or blocked.
        • The account associated with the device must not be canceled, and be in good standing.
        • You have requested no more than two mobile device unlock codes per line of service in the last 12 months.
        • The device must satisfy all the Postpaid or Pay in Advance (Prepaid) Unlocking terms outlined below.
        • T-Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply.

Unlock eligibility for monthly phones, tablets, and mobile Internet devices

• The device must have been active on the T-Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line.
        • If the device is financed using T-Mobile’s Equipment Installment Plan (EIP) ,or if it's leased through JUMP! On Demand™, all payments must be satisfied and the device must be paid in full unless otherwise specified.
        • If the device is on an account that is under a service contract term, at least 18 consecutive monthly payments must have been made or the account must have migrated to Simple Choice no contract rate plan.
        • If the device is associated with a canceled account, the account balance must be zero, including all pending charges.
          • magenta4487490

Yes I meet all of the requirements to be eligible for an upgrade.

Customer service is at least admitting that I am eligible, before they tell tell me they still wont help unlock my phone.

They already claimed to have "white-listed" my phone lat week. But it had no impact. I bought the phone directly from a t-mobile store and it is registered on my account, so a subsequent rep told me that it was wrong to submit it for a white-list because it was already a t-mobile phone in the system.

Just another one of those reps punting my call with no intention to assist.

The app just keeps saying "UNLOCK FAILED" Failure in Processing the Request. That is the exact error every time.

The app is BROKEN!

I just need my unlock code.

I am currently outside of the US and have been stuck jumping from wi-fi hot-spot to hot-spot because I cant use the SIM Card from the carrier here that I bought local service from. For over 2 weeks now.

• nrajakumar

Hi magenta4487490magenta4487490

One of the Tech Support supervisors was able to followup on my requests and was able to help me out get the device unlocked yesterday. I took a backup of the device followed by a  factory reset of the device, turned on the Air Plane mode, re enabled just the WIFI and tried using the app  when it finally worked and unlocked the device. Give it a try if they  confirmed that the device is whitelisted.

Thanks and Regards

Raja

• nrajakumar

Hi @dragon1562. I am surprised that the T-Force is only going to respond for requests over social media.  Does a customer who wishes to get his device unlocked or having trouble getting something accomplished required to create social media accounts to get help from T-Mobile?  Why can't regular support handle / help with such requests ?

• dragon1562

Regular support can help you, it has just been in my experience that the social media team has less confusion. Plus there is a written log for the entirely of the conversation that can be refereed to by late reps which is why I normally prefer it.

• nrajakumar

I have had this same problem since the past 4 weeks. I bought the device from Samsung directly and it is a T-Mobile device with the boot logo, firmware, apps and everything on it. I am being told that it is not a T-Mobile device as I did not buy it from a T-Mobile store but it is locked to the network. I tried the Unlock device app at least a 100 times. I had sent out an email to the CEO as well. For the first mail  a lady from the Executive Escalation department had responded saying we will take a look at it and it will take 72 hours and nothing after that. No response to email requests or phone calls. They keep transferring me to Samsung saying its Samsung's problem where as it is clearly not. It is a problem with someone not looking at how the whitelisting is not working for the device IMEI and what could be done to help a customer instead of saying we are escalating and it will take 72 hours. For the second email to the CEO, there was nothing as if it just went into a black hole. There were a few reps who even acknowledged that it is a problem from the T-Mobile end and say we are escalating and back into the 72 hour loop again.

I too just need my device unlocked and its been almost a month now 

• sslman71

Is it possible that you actually did do a permanent unlock in the past and forgot and tried again. It will fail if it is already unlocked. There in the app at top right is the 3 vertical dots and tapping that brings a history option, and it will tell you if you have unlocked it in past. Not saying you forgot but there is a chance you did. I did unlock on my s7 edge, and did a hard reset on phone and the app came back, but wasn't sure if the permanent unlock stayed. So I tried again before realizing about the history option. It is still unlocked.

The only problem is that my brother switched to Verizon, and Verizon keeps telling me that it would not work on their network, but my brother told me that he went to two stores and told him that it would work. Not sure or blaming him on anything but he probably did not mention it was a T-Mobile branded phone and still won't work. Patiently waiting for him to get the sim card from Verizon for my phone or take me to the store. He is in Arizona and I am in Utah. He has already switched, and I am still using T-Mobile network until he gets it to me, and have no clue on when he is going to do it.

• magenta4561266

?

• tmo_chris

Hey magenta4487490

Just checking in here to see how thing are going. Did you ever get the chance to work with our T-Force team or our over the phone support folks?

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there.

Just wanted to see if you were able to get your phone unlocked. Please reply back and let us know. Thanks!

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Please let us know if you still need help.