Galaxy S9 & S9+ OTA update?

am321

When is the new Oreo update going to be released for the Galaxy S9 & S9+? It has call and data improvements from what I heard, but I don't know what else it entails.

I don't know exactly where, but some places already have this update. Which it rolled out to them with in the last week sometime. I don't see it anywhere online that it's talked about for the US variant models, or on the T-Mobile website update page.

All the information is appreciated, thanks in advance.

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Galaxy S9 & S9+ OTA update?

As soon as you turned on the device the phone should have had an update waiting.

• am321

I'm talking about a second update. I already got the update you're talking about. I've had this phone even before lunch date, as T-Mobile has sent me the phone early by a few days. I'm reading online there's a second update that came out, and some countries received it within the last week. So I'm trying to figure out when this update is coming out. Which this update is different than the that you speak of, which is the phone launch day one update. So I'm talking about a completely different update, after that.

• am321

*launch

• dragon1562

The device should already have Android Oreo by default, as well as a update that fixed alot of bugs. As for future bug fixes you will just have to wait but I would expect it to be baked in with next months security update.

• am321

Well I'm trying to figure out when this specific update is coming out. Because there's an update that just released within the last week new, different from the very first one. Which I believe at this point India and a few other regions has already received this update. So I'm trying to find out about this specific update and only this specific update.

I appreciate you guys telling me about these updates, but I'm looking for one specific update information only.

• am321

Which this is what I was referring to. This article was released 4 days ago, stating that a new update is rolling out. So I'm trying to figure out when this specific updated is rolling out for us here in America.Screenshot_20180402-110406_Chrome.jpg

• tmo_chris

I am not sure what specific update that is but if you follow this page Software updates: Samsung Galaxy S9, you will be notified as soon as there is anything new added.

• am321

It's an update that got released within the last week or two maximum. So far what I've heard online is that India is the only region to receive it at the moment. It brings fixes for the cellular network like calling and data.

But with my problems going on like me and you've discussed in the other post, about corporate and what not. I would like to have this update as soon as possible, to see maybe this is one of the issues with my ongoing issues market wide(which I doubt this will fix it). But with everything that's going terribly wrong with my service, from the other post we discussed. I would like to at least test it to see if this would make any difference at all.

• johnspartan

To clarify, I believe OP is looking for the update that has been rolling out in Europe and India the past week, build bumber XXU1ARCC.  

Screenshot_20180406-122929_Chrome.jpg

• am321

Yes thank you, this is exactly what I'm referring to. I'm trying to find out when it's going to be released for T-Mobile USA. It is in fact already rolling out to a few regions, but I haven't heard any information on the T-Mobile update page, or any third party website about it rolling out anywhere in the US.