BOGO rebate denied

vbsmith05

Has anyone else encountered this?

We were given the wrong information from sales agent in reference to Samsung BOGO rebate. We were already customers and inquired about Samsung BOGO offer. They looked at our account and told us we only had to open a new line and keep it open. The store transferred everything to the new phones and told us to use the old phones a back up. One of the agents even told us that she did the same deal a few weeks before. We sent in the rebate and now 4 weeks later, they are saying that we were suppose to port a line from another carrier and turn in a device. That is not what we were told. We kept our end by opening the new line. WE DO NOT QUALIFY! it is now 4 weeks later and we are not able to return phones and stuck with an additional line as well as have to pay half for the second phone because rebate support has offer 375.00. Not right T Mobile! As I told the rebate support Supervisor, T Mobile is either ripping customers off by giving them incorrect information and locking them into leases or they are not educating their sales agents. I am not satisfied because not only do I have to  pay this additional 400.00 for a phone, I have a new line that I do not need. T Mobile Sucks! Not happy and as soon as I can figure out how to get out of this hole I am in with T Mobile, I will be looking for service elsewhere.

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: BOGO rebate denied

I am not sure which promo you were specifically going for but based on the information I will assume it was this one. I copied and pasted the detailed below for how to qualify. I am sorry that you were misinformed but there is a positive here to remember which is always check the fine print and get written evidence to verify everything is correct. As far as what you can do in your situation, you will need to work with the T-mobile T-force team as no one on this forum can make account level changes. Since this was not handled correctly I am not sure what they will do for you but maybe you can get someone that is higher up that has the authority to make a executive decision. Even if it does get resolved you will not be able to just leave since you would owe for the phone on the spot as the phone is paid of in the the form of credits if I understand correctly.

Again I am really sorry I can not personally be of more help to you as I'm just a fellow customer, but at least I can point you in the right direction. The one other avenue you have is to message the CEO directly about your case his email is John.legere@t-mobile.com

Here is the link for where I got this information as well Recently expired rebates

2018 Q1 Samsung BOGO Offer

Buy a Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S8 Active, or Note8 and well-qualified customer's can get another Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S8 Active, or Note8 on us (of equal or lesser value; $750 max value) by rebate when both devices are purchased on an equipment installment plan, you port in at least one number on a T-Mobile ONE or select Simple Choice Unlimited with unlimited high-speed data plan, and trade in at least one functional, paid off, eligible iPhone, LG, or Samsung device. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance becomes due.

• Promotional Window: January 12, 2018 - February 27, 2018
        • You must meet all these requirements during the promotional window:
          • Purchase two new Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S8 Active, or Note8 devices on equipment installment plans.
          • Port in at least one new voice line onto an eligible rate plan to be used with one of the new devices.
          • Trade in an eligible device:
            • iPhone: 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 6, 6 Plus, SE, or 5s.
            • LG: V20, G6, or G5.
            • Samsung: Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S7 Active, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, S6 Active, S5, S4, Note5, or Note 4.
          • Submit a request on the T-Mobile Rebates page (including IMEI entry) using promo code 18Q1SAMBOGO within 30 days of second device purchase.