Picking up another line????

magenta4523520

As we all know the limit to be on the phone is 4 hours then the call drops. Today something super weird happened. I tend to fall asleep with my boyfriend on the phone, it always hangs up after 4 hours BUT tonight was different. I woke up to a little girl saying “hello? Hello? Hello? Are you there”   “shut your mouth please” to someone that was there with her? “Hello?” Etc. Anyway it was super weird, and the phone call was at 5 hours and 20 min. And still said I was on the phone with my bf.  I’m not sure what in the world just happened. Really freaked out. Called my boyfriend right after it hung up and he was asleep. Did it pick up another line? Any one have an answer?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Picking up another line????

Hey, magenta4523520 -- you should definitely make sure to hold onto this story for your next camping trip!
        I'm not sure I've personally experienced a situation where a connection "picks up another line" and switches to another call -- but there is something called "crosstalk" that can lead to you hearing audio from another communications signal while you're still connected to your call. Our internal teams have a troubleshooting flow that they can follow to look into this further with you! It will involve resetting your connection to the network, so please be sure to Contact Us from another line if you can!