J7 Prime lagging/freezing?

spartan117warrior

Has anyone ever encountered this on their J7 Prime device? It's the weirdest thing. Roughly once every 10 to 15 minutes my J7 Prime will slow down to a crawl (the screen slows down to, what? One or two frames per second? If even that). The phone becomes pretty much unresponsive. The only thing I notice is the data activity indicator will show send and receive even if I'm not doing anything just sitting on the Home screen. This will also happen no matter if I'm on wi-fi or cell network. If I manage to get the phone into airplane mode the lagging will continue but eventually go back to normal.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: J7 Prime lagging/freezing?

That is super weird! Honestly, this sounds more like a SW issue rather than a what kind of network you are connected to issue. If you have a moment. I would recommend doing a quick cache wipe on your phone to flush out any wonkeyness that might be causing your phone to freak out on you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • dragon1562

Just wanted to ask as well as get more attention to the thread with my comment if you were still having issues?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • palmerscuddet

I have had this phone for about a year and I have only noticed this problem in Google chrome but it does not slow down but is stops

• tmo_chris

Hey there! How did things go in safe mode?

• tmo_mike_c

Trying the safe mode boot is a really good call. Have you given that a shot to see what happens? Please let us know. Thanks.

• mizdizzymizzy

My fairly new J7 Prime freezes & lags SO badly, I

that I have been tempted to return it. When I type (text, email, internet browser, etc) the keyboardfreezes. Nothing happens for almost a minute then either it catches up with itself, or the keys I have typed enlarge (like when you click on them) and then THEY freeze.

If this were the only issue, I'd not be so concerned, but I also have serious reception issues, both at home and elsewhere...dropped calls, rotten reception, the phone switches screens seemingly on its own. It turns the volume up or down on its own. I miss calls/alarms several times per day, despite the fact the phone is in my possession, with the volume turned all the way up. I miss a call, then immediately get a missed call notification wth?? All of these issues happen equally whether on mobile/cell or using my WiFi at home. I don't even know how to boot my phone up in safe mode to try it.

I recently switched from Verizon (for 20+ years) to T-Mobile because I was having reception issues & paying well over $100 for a single line of service (without unlimited data, which I do not really need). These issues have become so bad, that I don't saving about $25/month is worth it. Having a phone I can't count on is NOT worth the little I save on my bill. I am considering going back to Verizon, hat in hand, because the reception IS better & I did not have the lagging/freezing I do with T-Mobile. It's to the point that I HATE my phone.

One other issue I just noticed is that the screen on this forum is NOT mobile enhanced/friendly. If the phone is in portrait mode, the screen is cut off on both sides to where I can't read what I type. I switched to landscape mode & can't read what I typed at all. Is it me? Or does T-Mobile not like me? Verizon is really starting to not look so bad..

even at the higher price, grrrrr!