T-Mobile Tuesday app for iPad??

studio253

I tried to search for this already but only found old posts in relation to pay as you go accounts. I’ve got 4 voice lines for my kids and an iPad line for me, not pre-paid.  I’m looking to set up the t-mobile Tuesday app on my iPad but can’t get the number associated with the device to receive the confirmation text link. Is there a workaround or something I’m missing? TIA.

All replies

• barcodeable

Re: T-Mobile Tuesday app for iPad??

ipad's are currently not equipped to receive text messages via the associated T-mobile number....

i have an Alcatel A30 ($144 Value) i obtained for FREE several months ago  from a T-Mobile promotion just for maintaing a 2GB mobile internet line ($10 a month + taxes)... and it gets text messages... i just got the MLB PASS on it via the T-Mobile tuesday app..... and many of the Samsung tablets have the text ability and my ZTE Hotspots all have texting abilities ... unfortunately, you can only send text via imessage on the ipad... which isn't compatible with receiving the text link from T-mobile that's needed for T-Mobile Tuesday.

• studio253

Thank you for the information. Pardon my ignorance but if I set it up one one of my kids’ iPhones would I have access to something like MLB or is it SIM specific?

• barcodeable

the MLB promotion isn't really sim specific..... but MLB can detect if you are watching the game via a cell service other than T-Mobile.... i Have my account hooked to my smart tv.... and to ipad's that have only WIFI capabilities.... Im trying to stress this point to prevent you from having your MLB promotion closed.

• barcodeable

Based on your original question.... and maybe this reply will answer your current question.... You can use your kid's phone to:

A). download the T-Mobile app on your kids phone

B). use the phone number associated with your kids phone to signup for the MLB Promotion via the "REDEEM" link via the T-Mobile Tuesday App.

C). Create your MLB account (if you already havn't done so) after you click on the redeem link when you are sent to the MLB signup page.

once you signup with MLB... your account will be established with the MLB promotion.... now...

D) download the MLB atbat app onto your ipad

E). open up the app.... type in your Username and password that you created on step (C).

ALL DONE.... CONGRATULATIONS--

NOTE: if the ipad you are using is linked to VERIZON, AT&T, SPRINT, ETC., YOUR MLB account can be closed for violation of tmobile /MLB rules. If you use your MLB account via your smart tv, or PS4, or a WIFI only tablet or device..... you will be fine..... just as long as those devices aren't using a hotspot from a cellular provider other than T-Mobile. This promotion is exclusive to T-Mobile customers.... you can't use An AT&T phone or hotspot to access the MLB games..... because when you do.... the MLB can detect it.... and they will close the account.... but you said your ipad is a t-mobile ipad.... so that device is fine.

• studio253

Thanks for the information. I found another workaround where I could go to the T-Mobile Tuesday flight and log in with my account credentials. And set up the account that way. The app would be convenient but as long as I have a way to access the deals I’m good with it. I appreciate all the help.