Carrier Freedom

angelavdub

Long story short back in NOVEMBER I switched to T-mobile. I was told by the manager of the store that I needed to bring him my final bill so that the store (where my transaction took place) so they could submit my request and pay off the previous carrier. I brought that in December and assumed it was taken care of. I started getting phone calls from Sprint so I went to the store and asked questions. The store told me it takes 6-8 weeks and to be patient. Suddenly I have a COLLECTIONS bill from Sprint. I tried working with the store manager for 2 weeks and all he did was avoid me, place the blame on other people and now he will not even come out of the back room when I show up. I called customer service and after 4 phone calls & hours on hold I was told that they will only pay what I owed Sprint (I have almost $200 in fees due to the collection) and they could give me a $20 credit for my trouble. I went to a competing store to see if they had anyone I could contact and they said they did not. I find it hard to believe that a company as large as T-Mobile doesn’t have a hierarchy or people who oversee stores.

Is there anyone who can actually give me a number or email for someone who can help me? I don’t need your own sob stories about how  badly T-Mobile sucks ( I already know).

Thank you in Advance.

All replies

• thelimerunner

Re: Carrier Freedom

Hi @angelavdub, so sorry to hear you're having issues with your carrier freedom reimbursement. That's definitely not how we want it to be for you! Here on the forums, no one has access to your account so we won't be able to help you much! I would recommend that you contact T Force via either Twitter, or Facebook as they have access to your account and will be able to look in more detail to see what's going on! They'll be able to look into both the details of what specific location you were at, as well as the detail for your reimbursement.

Some general non-account specific info I can give you is that the carrier freedom reimbursements are indeed ONLY for amounts owed on the devices or early termination fees, it doesn't cover anything else such as service costs, or late fees.

• angelavdub

I have called the people at Carrier Freedom, Customer Support and some other number that customer support game me. None of them could help me or point me in the right direction. You are going to tell me that if I go to a FACEBOOK or TWITTER page they can help me? That seem rather ridiculous to me. You mentioned an email, could I have it? Or is this just another way for T-Mobile to keep me searching and  spinning my wheels?

• thelimerunner

I did not mention an email in my post, as I don't have an address that would be able to assist you. As far as the Facebook and Twitter recommendations, those are just other options besides calling. Here on the forums we don't have direct access to you account, so there isn't too much we can do to help you with specific issues like this. If you're not comfortable contacting the social media teams, the the best bet would be to call into customer care again. Only a member on a team with account access (customer care, T-Force social media) would be able to look into getting  this properly resolved for you.

• thelimerunner

tmo_marissa Would you be able to get some better contact options for angelavdub?

• tmo_marissa

Hey, angelavdub -- I'm so sorry, thelimerunner is correct that there's not an email address for Care. The reason for the mention of Twitter/Facebook is because in those channels, unlike our public user forum, we have a secure platform to verify your account and take a look at what's been happening here. It's a disappointment to read about this experience -- we definitely should have let you know that because Carrier Freedom and Get Out Of The Red are reimbursement programs, the intent is for the customer to pay their final bill with their previous carrier, and then be reimbursed by T-Mobile. It doesn't sound like that was your experience at all, and I'm very sorry.

I know you've spent quite a bit of time reaching out regarding this already, but if you're able to contact T-Force (the social media team) we can take a look and see if there are any additional options here. I will also say that based on the experience you had with the retail location, we'll want to file an internal review called an incident report to make sure that the feedback is provided to the appropriate team, if this wasn't done when you reached out to Customer Care. This is not the kind of experience we want for any customer -- new or tenured.
                Thank you for taking the time to post here. Please keep us updated on how things go with T-Force!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Did you get a chance to speak with our T-Force team yet?